Chapter 11 : Reunited

Chris

"Daddy, where you going?" Mina asked, walking into the bedroom as I packed to leave for Florida.

"I gotta go on quick trip, baby, iight?" I said, throwing some more clothes inside the suitcase. She looked down at her fingers and then started crying out of nowhere. I picked her up and placed her on my lap. "Mimi, why you crying, baby girl?"

"Because the last time you took a trip and I didn't see you for a long long time," She sobbed into my shirt. I rubbed her back, soothing her.

"Baby, I promise imma be back in hurry, for you. I ain't going nowhere. I promise," I promised. "Stop crying."

She sniffed and wiped her eyes and looked up at me. "You promise?"

I smirked, holding out my pinky. "I pink promise."

She interlocked her pinky in mine and hugged me. I kissed her forehead and she helped me continue packing. Once we were done, I picked her up and grabbed my suitcase, walking downstairs where Leigahnne and Miles were cooking in the kitchen.

"Daddy!" Miles said, hugging my leg. I ruffled his hair.

"Wassup, lil man," I said, putting Mina down.

"Me and mommy made you food for the road," He said pointing to a plate of food on the counter.

"It smells good. What is it?" I said, trying to open the foil that covered it but Leighanne stopped me.

"Its a surprise," She said, smiling a little. I kissed her lips deeply, grabbing her waist as she clenched her fingers on my shoulders for support and Mina and Miles did their usual 'ews' that they cooed everytime we kissed.

Once I pulled away, I looked down at her sad eyes. "Baby, I swear, I'll be back soon."

She nodded, carressing my cheek. "Be careful, Chris."

I nodded and grabbed my suitcase and food, walking toward the door with all three of three of them behind me.

"Call me when you get there," Leighanne said and kissed her again, then the twins.

"I love yall," I said, getting in the car. They waved at me as I pulled out the driveway and towards Fizz's house to pick him up. Once I got there, he was already on his porch saying bye to Amaya and their baby.

"Waasup, Maya?" I yelled from the car, waving.

"Hey, Chris!" She waved back. "Make sure he behaves!"

I chuckled. "Iight, I got you."

Fizz got in the car and dapped me, tossing his suitcase in the back. "You ready for this shit, CJ?"

"I'm bout ready to snap Jolie's fucking neck," I shook my head. "That girl been nothing but trouble ever since I met her."

"I mean, she a ex stripper. You can't trust those type of bitches. But aye, whats done is done," He shrugged, pulling out a joint. "Maybe this shit will ease both our nerves."

I smirked, taking it from him. "Light that shit up then."

He took out his lighter and lit and we puffed and passed all the way toward Florida. Just as he said too, it made us chill as fuck. I wasn't even mad anymore.

It took us a few hours but we got there to Jolie's crib right before sunset. I pulled in front of the house and turned off the car lights, high as a kite, and looked over at Fizz.

"What you wanna do now?" I asked.

"I'm thinking we should wait a little until something happens," He suggested but I rejected the idea.