Chapter 7 : Pegnent

Leighanne

"Thanks for watching the twins, ma," I said, pecking her cheek.

"It's no problem, baby, they're angels," She chuckled, hugging the twins goodbye. "Y'all don't forget your toothbrushes in the bathroom upstairs."

"Oh yeah," They both said, running up the stairs to get their toothbrushes.

"So where did you and CJ end up going?" My mom asked once the twins were gone.

"Ma, he took me on a yacht for the night. It was beautiful," I cheesed, recalling last night's events.

"Awww that is soo cute," She smiled. "Does this mean that you two..."

I nodded, knowing what her question was. "Yeah, we're back together."

"Oh god, thank you," She took a breath of relief placing a hand on her chest. "The twins have two parents now."

"They always did, ma."

"Yeah I know, but this is better Leighanne. How do you expect them to grow up without both a man's and woman's love?"

"Yeah, you right. They loved Chris ever since they met him. I'm just scared that one day he leaves again and I have to deal with them crying about missing him."

"Chris will never leave again. Stop being negative about it, Leighanne. Everything's gonna be okay."

"You right, ma, you right," I nodded, confidently. "You always right."

"Mhmm, get home safe and call me. I need to get my hair done later," She said, kissing my forehead. I walked out to the living room and the twins were all ready to go.

"Come on babies," I said, taking tiny their hands and leading them to the car where Chris was waiting, talking on the phone.

"What the fuck you mean?" He almost yelled into the phone. "Hell nah, fuck that. Ion believe that shit."

He quickly looked back at me as I placed the twins in their car seats and lowered his voice into a whisper.

"Yeah, well I want proof," He continued. "Otherwise don't call me with that shit again."

I got in the passenger seat and looked at him as he continued his conversation, getting angrier by the second.

"Look, imma talk to you later," He hung up and speed away from my parents' house not bothering to say hi to the twins yet.

"Chris, what's the problem?" I asked after a long while of him not telling me.

"Nothing, Leighanne," He mumbled, keeping his eyes fixed on the road.

"Chris, just tell me what's going on," I said soothingly, rubbing his arm.

"It's nothing, iight? Nothing important anyway."

I sighed, looking ahead like he was. We were quiet the rest of the way home while the twins played with their toys and talked about Lord knows what.

Once we got in the house, I made the twins their lunch and let them watch tv for a little before putting them down for their nap.

Then I made my way upstairs to Chris who was yet again on the phone.

"You think it's mine, D?" I overheard him say. "Yeah that's what I was thinking...But damn what if it is?...Imma need you to find out for me, iight? Snoop around a little...Iight thanks, cuz. Later."

I walked in and stripped out of the dress I had been wearing since last night and walked toward the shower, not bothering to say a word to Chris. I knew he was hiding something from me and I just wanted to know what it was. I was being petty but it mattered to me.

After I got out, I walked back into the bedroom to find him, sleeping in his tux still. I shook my head, putting on some sweats and a v neck. I tied my hair up and decided to check up on the twins as they slept only to see that they were wide awake.

"Hi mommy," Mina said, turning back to the tv.

"Didn't I just put y'all to sleep?" I asked, sitting between them on the couch.

"Yeah but we weren't tired anymore so we decided to watch tv," Miles said, shrugging. I played with his soft curly hair, watching Adventure Time with them.

"Mommy what does pegnent mean?" Mina asked, crawling in my lap.

"Pegnent?" I asked, laughing a little. "Where did you hear that from, baby?"

"Daddy. He asked someone if they were pegnent on the phone," She explained. I raised an eyebrow, biting on my bottom lip.

"I'll tell you when you grow up, okay?" I promised. She nodded, turning her attention back to the tv.

"I'll be back. I gotta go talk to daddy," I told them, getting up and walking toward the stairs.

Chris

"Chris get up!" I felt Leighanne shaking me, jumping me out of my sleep.

"Leigh, what happened?" I asked, sitting up.

"Who is pregnant?" She asked, folding her arms.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Mina told me that you asking someone if they were pregnant on the phone. Who was it?"

"Nobody, the fuck? Mina probably making that shit up or something."

"Don't lie to me, Chris. She's too young to be making stuff like that up. Tell me the truth."

"Yo I already told you the truth, nobody is pregnant," I pulled her into my lap. "Baby, relax. You needa learn how to trust me. I told you I ain't fucking up this time and I meant it."

She sighed. "Chris, we already had enough drama and I don't want anymore. Thats all."

I nodded, massaging her shoulders. "Yeah, I know, baby. You just gotta trust me and know that I'm not on any shit."

She kissed my lips. "I'm sorry. I love you."

"I love you too."

She got up and walked toward the door. "I'm gonna go make dinner."

"Alright," I said, laying back again. She left and I exhaled. There was no way I could tell her what's up. Well not yet at least.