Chapter 8 : Stick it Out

Chris

I sat down at a booth in Mario's waiting for Jolie's slow ass to come and talk to me about this baby shit. I was praying for my life that she was lying and that the baby wasn't mine. I just wanted to be through with her for good and be with Leighanne and the twins.

She finally came in, not looking like she gained an ounce and saw me, coming toward the booth. Once she sat down and took off her glasses, she smiled.

"Hey, Chris, I missed-"

"Jolie what's going on?" I asked, cutting to chase.

"Ugh, I already told you. I'm a month pregnant and the baby is yours," She said, looking at the menu. I looked under the table at her flat stomach again, not believing that she was a month pregnant.

"If you a month pregnant, isn't your stomach suppose to be poking out at least a little," I asked.

"Not everyone has a oversized stomach when their pregnant, Chris," She scoffed, digging in her purse and pulling out papers. "But if you don't believe me, here's some sonograms with the dates on them."

I looked it over and it seemed to be legit. The dates, the baby picture, everything. I sighed, running a hand over my face and leaning back into the chair.

"The doctor said it might be a girl," She said excitedly. "Can you believe we're having a baby girl?"

"Hold up, hold up, chill with that we having a baby girl shit, Jolie. I need proof that this baby is mine and until then, I ain't got shit to do with this."

"Fuck you mean you need proof?" She asked, looking offended. "You think I was fucking with someone else?"

I shrugged. "How am I suppose to know?"

"Isn't this some bullshit," She scoffed, leaning in. "Chris I never cheated on you, okay? I can't believe that you would even think that."

"I'm not saying I think that. I'm just repeating what I been hearing."

"From who? Dallas? That nigga been out to get since he saw me and you get together. Fuck what he thinks."

"It's not only him, Jolie. That's why I'm paranoid as fuck right now about this baby being mine."

"Who else told you something? Leighanne?" She asked, giving me a straight face. "That bitch-"

"Aye don't call her a bitch. That's the mother of my kids. Chill with allat."

"Oh so now yall together I guess?" She asked, folding her arms. "I knew you still loved her and you wouldn't admit it."

I looked out the window, scratching the back of neck. "Look, she ain't got shit to do with this. So just leave her and the twins outta this."

"Whatever," She rolled her eyes. "But when I do show you that this baby is yours, I don't want you treating it like a bald headed stepchild. You gonna love it and take care of it just at much as you do for Mina and Miles."

"And when the tests shows that it's not, you gotta lose my contact info and leave me alone forever. Cool?"

"Yeah," She said, popping her gum. "Now let's eat. I'm starving."

We ordered our food and while we waited for it to come, Jolie's phone rang and I caught a glimpse of the name being "Bae 😍💏💍"

She quickly ignored it, tucking her phone in her purse.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"None of your business, damn," She rolled her eyes. "Always in my shit."

"If you claiming that this baby is mine and you have some nigga named Bae calling yo ass, I have every right to be in yo shit."

"It's my best friend, Chris. You happy now? We just call each other, bae that's all. Calm the fuck down."

I was still skeptical about the whole thing but I dismissed it. The tests was the real answer to everything and whatever Jolie got going on isn't my business unless the baby is mine.

Leighanne

Ashley and I laughed as the waiter took down her number. He was cute and was trying to bag Ashley up. Of course her crazy ass let him.

"I'm telling you, Leigh. I been giving my number out to sexy niggas all over the city.

"Girl, you gonna have to change your number soon," I said, laughing a little. I sipped on my water, scanning the crowded restaurant. "Its full today, huh?"

"Mhmm, full of cute ass couples, making a bitch, depressed as hell," She sighed.

"Aww, it's okay, Ash, you got me," I assured, rubbing her hand.

"Bitch you got Chris again. You not thinking about me," She scoffed, downing her lemonade.

"Just because Chris and I are back together, doesn't mean-"

"Oh hell no! Speaking of Chris, look at him over there with that bitch from the cookout," She said, already taking off her earrings. I spun around so quick I almost snapped my neck, seeing Chris and Jolie eating together like they were a couple.

"What the hell?" I mumbled, getting upset.

"Leigh, lemme handle this. I got you mami, iight? I don't got the streets in me for nothing."

"Nah, Ashley I got this. Imma be right back."

I got up and walked to the table where Chris and Jolie were at. He didn't even know I was there until I finally made it to the table. Once he saw me, he looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"Baby, what you doing here?' He asked, nervously.

"We needa talk," I instructed, pointing toward the corner. He quickly got up and followed me to the corner. "Chris what the hell is going on? Why are you here with her?"

"It ain't like that at all, Leigh. Trust me," He assured.

"Then what is it?"

"She came to tell me that....she's...uh she's pregnant and that....it might be mine."

I gasped. "What???"

"It's not mine. I know that for a fact."

"And how do you know that, Chris? Do you have DNA results?"

"No...but I know she lying. Come on, Leigh, you gotta trust me."

I sighed, shaking my head. "I knew that us getting back together was a bad idea. I just knew I would regret it."

"Baby, stop," He pushed me up against the wall, kissing my lips. "I'm telling you that this baby is not mine. And until I prove it, just stick it out with me."

I looked over at Jolie was watching us with a little bit of hate and turned back to Chris. "Alright. But just don't make me feel dumb, Chris."

"I won't," He pecked my lips again. "I'll see you at home, iight? I gotta take her to the train."

I nodded and he walked away back to Jolie. They both got up and walked out the restaurant and on the way Jolie made sure to roll her eyes at me.