Chapter 5 : Backup

Chris

"What you mean you staying cuz?" Dallas asked, taking a drag of the blunt he was holding.

"I already told you, the twins are mine. I gotta stay."

"Man, CJ, what about the business back in Miami? You remember we run that shit?"

"I could handle it from here. I'll come over there from time to time but I gotta be here for Leigh and the twins."

He took another pull and shook his head. "Damn...so I basically gotta do this shit on my own."

"Fizz could help you out. I ain't mean for it to happen like this. It was like a out of blue type of thing, you know?"

"Yeah, I know, man. And shit, I respect it cuz," He dapped me. "Forreal. Congrats."

"Thanks."

"Yeah, whatever, you better not fuck up with Leighanne this time, CJ. I keep telling you thats your forever girl. Fuck Jolie," He said, coldly. "Where is that hoe by the way?"

"She left as soon as I told her the twins were mine," I shrugged, taking the blunt from him and exhaling.

"Good, you'on need her trifiling ass anyhow," He chuckled, snatching back the blunt from me. "Nigga get ya own shit."

I let the high settle in before turning to him. "What you got against Jolie?"

He chuckled again. "She a hoe, cuz. Fucked everyone on my squad and you over there claiming her as ya girl. You can't make a hoe a girlfriend. Shit, I won't be surprised if she in Florida fucking somebody right now."

"Why you telling me this shit now?" I asked, annoyed.

"You wasn't listening to me with yo stubborn ass. But aye, its over now and you got the real wifey by ya side."

"Chill with all that wifey shit, iight? Me and Leighanne not even like that."

"Nigga, y'all might as well be. You and I both know y'all still love each other. Why you frontin'?"

"We just tryna be good parents right now, iight? I don't know what might happen in the future but right now we just there for the twins."

He laughed, coughing a little. "Thats why you moving in, right?"

"Thats exactly why I'm moving in."

"Yeah, iight, but take these just in case," He opened the glove compartment and tossed a box of condoms on my lap, winking. I sucked my teeth, while he doubled over in laughter.

"That blunt got to ya head, D. That shit is frying your brain," I shook my head, turning my Snapback to the back. "Matter of fact, lemme drive before you kill us."

We switched seats and I drove him back to his 'side chick's' house. Then I drove to my mom's house to pick up the twins.

"Daddy!" They both ran and hugged my leg. I laughed a little, mushing their heads.

"Wassup, y'all ready to go?"

"Yeah," Mina said. "Where is mommy?"

"She at work, but imma take y'all home, so get ya stuff."

"Okay," They both said, running up the stairs. I walked into the kitchen and saw my mom cooking.

"Hey, ma," I pecked her cheek and took a seat at the table.

"Hey, baby," She said, turning the chicken over in the frying pan. "Whats going on?"

"Just came by to get the twins and take them home."