Prologue

4 years later...

Leighanne

"Babies, get your jackets," I told Mina and Miles, sipping on my coffee. "We gotta go, mommy's running late for work."

"Ok," The twins said in unison, running towards the steps to their room. I watched their small feet running up the stairs and smiled. They were truly a blessing and I loved them more than anything else in this world. I know what you're thinking. Weren't they the babies you were planning on aborting though? Well let me explain.

When I left for California, leaving Chris back in Florida, I had my mind set on getting rid of the twins more than ever after I found there would be two babies. But then when I came home to my parents and told them everything that happened, instead of yelling at me, they sat me down explained all the trouble they went through when my mom became pregnant with me.

She told me that my grandparents disowned both of my parents because of me. But regardless, they kept me and loved me unconditionally. They told me that it was my responsibilty to get Mina and Miles a place to stay, provide for and love them, with or without Chris. Hearing that, made me think over the situation and helped me decide to have Mina and Miles, even though me and Chris weren't together.

So I had Mina and Miles, went back to school for cosmetics, opened my own hair salon in LA, and got me and the twins a little cute house not to far from my old house.

I hadn't told Chris about Mina and Miles. In fact, I hadn't seen or heard from him since the night before I left. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss him. But I learned to move on and forget about him. I mean after all, if he really cared about me, he would've at least shot me a text to see how I was doing. But that never happened. And to make it worse, he changed his number after I had been calling him nonstop for a whole month.

So here I am, a proud, single mother. No man, no distractions, and no drama. I just have my babies, my salon, Ashley, and my parents. Thats all I really needed.

"Mommy, we're ready," Miles said, holding up his coat to show me he got it. I helped them put it on and grabbed their bags.

"Okay, lets go to grandma and grandpa's," I said, guiding them out the house, toward my car.

Chris

"Yes, Chris, yes!" Jolie yelled, scratching my back with her nails as I went deeper and deeper inside of her. I continued giving her what she been hinting for all week, trying to catch my breath. We'd been going at it for nearly 4 hours now and I couldn't lie, a nigga was exhausted. After we got ours in, I collapsed on the other side of my bed, instantly closing my eyes.

"Chris..." She said, shaking me. I groaned, shaking her off.

"Jolie, I'm tired as fuck," I mumbled. "No more rounds."

"No, its not that," She said, softly. "I just wanna ask you a question."

"What?"

"I just wanna know when we're gonna make our relationship...you know. Official," She said sweetly. I sighed, turning over. She asked me this about twice a day and I never changed my answer. It was always...

"Soon," I said, with my eyes closed still. She sucked her teeth, sitting up and turning me over to face her again.

"Chris you always say that and nothing happens! It's been 4 years! How soon is soon?" She snapped, folding her arms. I opened my eyes and looked up at her angry expression.

"Jolie, I been told I ain't ready for a relationship and I honestly don't think imma ever be ready for one," I said, calmly. "You know I care about you but I don't trust being in a relationship after..."

"After...Leighane, huh?" She asked. I nodded, looking down. She sighed, getting up and gathering her clothes off the ground.

"Where you going?" I asked her.

"Home," She mumbled, sliding on her dress and heels. "I am so sick of this bullshit. Call me when you're not thinking about her stiil."

She stormed out the bedroom and downstairs. Once I heard the front door slam, I sighed, running a hand over my face. Its been 4 years and here I am still not able to get over Leighanne. I missed her even though her ass did me dirty and I still love her even though she left me.

After she left, Jolie was really the only one who comforted me and after a while, we ended up having sex. Now, I guess you could say I care about her. She may be annoying most of the time but I do have a soft spot for her, no doubt.

And I wanna be able to be in a serious relationship with her but I just don't know if thats what my heart wants. I keep telling myself that I love her but in my mind and heart I know its not true.

The love I had with Leighanne was true and geniune but I can't be with her and I can't ever forgive her for killing my child. And I hate myself for still letting her affect my life and dominate my mind still.

I was interrupted out of my thoughts when my cell phone rang on my nightstand. I looked over and saw it was Dallas.

"Wassup, cuz?" I answered.

"Nothing, just chillin'. I just wanted to know if you was rolling with me to LA next week to get some merchanise for business."

"Uh," I thought it over and decided it would be best because I had to see my mom anyway. "Yeah, I'm coming."

"Iight, CJ, imma hit you later. I'm bout to go this party with Ginger."

"Iight, D."

I hung up and sat up in the bed, looking around the room. It was a mess, thanks to me and Jolie's session. I smirked a little and sighed, dialing her number.

"What Chris?" She answered still with an attitude.

"Baby, I'm sorry, iight? Come back over here and lets talk."

"Are you still in love with Leighanne, Chris? Be honest."

I thought about it, still quiet. I had to get over Leighanne. It was now or never.

"No. I love you," I told her for the first time since we starting going steady.

"I love you, too," I heard her say with a smile in her voice. I smiled too, feeling a little better saying that.

"So are you coming back?"

"Yeah, baby, I'm coming back."

"Okay."

I hung up and placed my phone down, laying back down and staring at the ceiling again. I don't love Leighanne anymore. I love Jolie now. Well at least I believe I do.