Chapter 10 : Life After Death

Chris continued...

"What?" I asked him, not sure if I heard him correctly.

"Ace. Jolie is fucking around with that nigga," Fizz explained, completely serious. I shook my head in disbelief, laughing.

"Fizz, you better stop playing. We killed that nigga a long time ago. There is no way in hell he can be fucking around with Jolie now."

"Pictures don't lie, CJ," He pulled out more pictures with the faces zoomed in all the way. I couldn't believe my eyes. Nonetheless, Ace was kissing Jolie. He had a beard now but was the same nigga I was certain we killed over 4 years ago.

I sighed. "Fuck! What you think all this shit means, Fizz? You think they both planned all this?"

"Ion know but you need to talk to Jolie ASAP and see what the hell is going on. Cuz if it is a setup, you need to drop all contact with her immediately. We got kids and baby mamas now, CJ, and we can't be involved in no shit right now. Especially with Ace. That nigga crazy."

I nodded, downing the beer. "Imma call her trifling ass right now."

I got up and walked into the hallway, dialing Jolie's number.

"What, Chris?" She answered, like I was bothering her.

"Who's the nigga you fucking with Jolie? And don't fucking lie to me. I swear I am not in the mood for no shit."

"What the hell are you talking about? I already told you that I am not talking to nobody-"

"Fuck that. I know you are and I could really care less. Just fucking tell me his name."

She sighed. "His name is Ace. But he doesn't have shit to do with our baby."

"How am I suppose to believe that shit, Jolie?"

"Because I started fucking with him after you left me for Leighanne again. How is he gonna be the father of a baby that I was already pregnant with?"

I shook my head, confused as fuck. I didn't know what to believe. "Look we'll see when the tests come, iight? And I'm coming in the morning."

I hung up and joined everyone in the dining room for dinner. I stayed quiet for most of the dinner, with all the new information hanging over my head. I knew Leighanne caught on too.

"Baby..." She said once we got in the car to go home. "You been quiet all night. Whats going on?"

"It's just some shit I was thinking about," I sighed, looking back at the twins in the rearview mirror who were fast asleep.

"Is it Jolie and the baby?"

"Something like that."

"Chris..." She pouted. "Tell me."

I looked at her and exhaled. "Its Ace."

"Ace?" She asked, scrunching up her nose. "He's dead. What are you talking about?"

"Thats just it, Leigh. He's not dead."

"Alright, Chris you need to tell what the hell you're talking about."

"I asked Fizz to dig up some dirt on Jolie so that I could know if the baby she's carrying is really mine. And he found out that she been creeping with Ace all this time."

"How do you know it's him?"

"He has pictures," I took one out of my pocket and handed it to her. She gasped, looking down at Ace's face up close.

"Oh my god! This is not true. We killed him. I saw him die," She shook her head, about to cry.

"Baby, relax," I soothed her. "We gonna handle this, iight? It's going to be okay."

"And how do you know that, Chris?" She asked, rubbing her forehead. "He's crazy as hell and we have kids to worry about now. God forbid he decides to do something to them."

I sighed. "Leighanne, chill. Nothing's gonna happen."

"How do you know, Chris?" She asked again. I didn't answer, keeping my eyes on the road.

"I knew it," She mumbled, looking out the window.

"Knew what?"

"Nothing, Chris. Forget about it."

"Just chill, Leigh. I told its gonna be smoothed over quickly."

She shook her head side to side. "I hope so."

"Imma have to go down there to talk to Jolie about this shit in person."

"Not without me."

"We not doing this shit again, Leighanne. You gotta stay here with the twins."

"My mom can watch them while we're gone. Chris, I am not letting you go by yourself."

"Fine, I'll bring Fizz with me. And imma meet up with Dallas if I need anything. That good enough for you?"

She sucked her teeth, plugging her headphones in to block me out for the rest of the ride. I knew she was mad but this time, I wasn't backing down.

Once we got home, I help her out the twins to bed in silence and took a quick shower. Leighanne came and laid down next to me, putting her back towards me.

"Baby," I whispered, pulling her closer to me. She shrugged me off. "Leigh, come on, stop acting like that."

She didn't respond and kept her back toward me. I moved closer and kissed on her neck, lightly biting it. I felt her body tense up and then relax as I continued.

"Baby, stop being mad at me. I'm just tryna do this because I love you," I said in her ear.

She turned over and looked at me, still looking upset. "You better be careful, Chris. I am not losing you again."

I pecked her lips. "Never, babe. Believe that."

She nodded, cradling her head on my neck. I pressed my face on hers and remembered earlier.

"Aye, Leigh, you remember what we suppose to do earlier?" I asked, smirking a little. She smirked too.

"Yeah," She said kissing the bottom of my lip, while sticking a hand in my pajama pants. "Imma have to remind why you need to come back here."