Chapter 11

Janet's POV

I'm excited because today is the day that Ronnie gets dismissed from the hospital. It's been a week since he got shot in the stomach, and I thank god that he didn't die.

As I started to gather his things, I get a text message from Joaquin.

Baby, I miss you. Can I see you right now?

I can't see you right now. I'm busy.

After I texted Joaquin back, the doctor came in.

“Make sure you stay at home and fully recover." He said

“Oh trust me, I will." Ronnie said.

After the doctor left, we finished packing his stuff and left the hospital. As we got in the car Ronnie looked at me. I turned my car on and looked at him. His eyes started to tear up. I gave him a hug a rubbed his back. After that, I put the car in reverse, and left.

On the way home, it was silent til I broke it.

“Are you gonna leave the Mafia?" I asked.

Ronnie looked at the window and said nothing. I pulled the car over to a empty parking lot and put it on parked.

“Are you gonna leave the Mafia or not, Ronnie?" I asked him again.

“Damn it Janet," he yelled, “ I don't know. I said I was thinking about leaving it and move to another state, but now I don't know."

“ I can't believe you,” I said, “You just left the hospital and now you wanna go back to the Mafia? Where was your so called “boys” at when you was at the hospital, huh? No damn where. I was the only one up there. I was the only one who care and love you. If you think that your going back to the Mafia, you have a lot of nerve."

“Why are you trying to start a pointless argument with me?" He asked.

“Because, I care about your safety and I love you." I said.

Ronnie said nothing to me. I shook my head and sighed. I put the car in drive and went to the hotel, where I was staying at til the house got fixed. As I pulled into the parking lot of the hotel, I looked at Ronnie. I can tell he was still mad. I put the car into the parking space and put it in park. I turned it off and unhooked my seatbelt. I got out and popped the trunk. As I was getting the stuff out the trunk, Ronnie came out the car and helped me with his stuff.

I went up to my room, unlocked the door, and sat his stuff on the floor. Ronnie sat on the bed and I sat right next to him. He looked at me with a strange look on his face. He got up and went in the bathroom. I laid across the bed and pulled my shoes off. I pull my phone out to see that I had a message from Joaquin.

Please, baby?

I thought about it and texted him back.

Okay, on my way.

I put my shoes back on and wrote a note to Ronnie and put it on the bed. I grabbed my keys and left.

Ronnie's POV

I am so glad that I get to leave the hospital today. I am more glad that Janet stuck with me.

As me and Janet started to pack my stuff, Dr. Robinson came in.

“ Make sure you stay at home and fully recover." He said.

“Oh trust me, I will." I said.

After Dr. Robinson left, we finished packing my stuff and went to the car. As we got into the car, I looked at Janet. I feel so guilty that I put her through this. I started to cry. Janet gave me a hug and rubbed my back. After that, we left the parking lot.

On our way to the hotel where Janet was staying at, she asked me a question.

“Are you gonna leave the Mafia?" She asked.

I didn't want to deal with this, so I started to look at the window. She pulled the car over to a empty parking lot.

“Are you gonna leave the Mafia or not Ronnie?" She asked me again.

“Damn it Janet," I yelled, “ I don't know. I said I was thinking about leaving it and move to another state, but now I don't know."

“ I can't believe you,” she said, “You just left the hospital and now you wanna go back to the Mafia? Where was your so called “boys” at when you was at the hospital, huh? No damn where. I was the only one up there. I was the only one who care and love you. If you think that your going back to the Mafia, you have a lot of nerve."

“Why are you trying to start a pointless argument with me?" I asked.

“Because, I care about your safety and I love you." She said.

I didn't wanna hear what she had to say, so I turned to the window. She put the car in drive and went to the hotel, where she was staying at til the house got fixed. As she pulled into the parking lot of the hotel, she looked at me. She can tell when I was still mad. She put the car into the parking space and put it in park. She turned it off and unhooked my seatbelt. She got out and popped the trunk. As she was getting the stuff out the trunk, I finally came out the car and helped her with my stuff.

We went up to her room, unlocked the door, and sat my stuff on the floor. I sat on the bed and she sat right next to me.  I  looked at her with a strange look on my face. I got up and went in the bathroom. I couldn't believe she was tryna start with me after I got out the hospital. I thought about what she said about the Mafia.

After I thought about it, I was washing my hands and dry them off. I opened the bathroom door to see that Janet was gone. I went to the bed a saw a note on it.

Had an errand to run. Be back soon.

I balled the paper up and laid in the bed and drifted off to sleep.