“So you left Amanda there by herself, so you all could find me? How does that make any sense?” I asked Kayden, crossing my arms.

           “She’s not stupid enough to run away from us, like you. I’ll make this easy for you; do you want to come back with us the easy way or the hard way?” Kayden questioned.

            “Do you even have to ask me anymore?” I stubbornly said.

            Kayden pulled out a gun, causing me to flinch. He walked over to me causing me to back into Dole. Kayden yanked me by the arm and started to pull me back towards the house, probably leaving a nice bruise on my arm from his grip. I struggled the whole way back to the house, wanting to see how much I could push him until he snapped. That wasn’t probably the smartest thing but as you can tell, I haven’t had the best ideas lately.

            He didn’t say anything nor do anything to me except pull and yank me the whole walk back. Russell and Dole followed silently behind us. When I saw the clearing of the woods, I got more nervous, wondering what my punishment would be. When we hit the sand, I realized that there was a man with his back towards us, talking to Amanda who looked terrified.  I knew exactly who it was but so did Kayden because that’s when I felt the cold tip of his gun touch the side of my head. 

            Kyle spun around, making eye contact with me instantly. Kayden now had a tight grip on my waist, allowing my struggles against him to stop. Kyle’s face was emotionless but when a glare appeared on his face, I remembered that Dole was standing right behind me and that Kyle didn’t know why Dole was doing this. My eyes filled with tears because he was here, hopefully saving me but also because Kayden was the one with the gun and that gun was pointed at my head. If I was shot in the head, there isn’t being saved by a doctor, I would truly be dead.

            I wondered how Kyle found out this was where Kayden was hiding at. Sure, this would be the last place because Kyle had already used this place but I guess hiding in the predictable place, makes it unpredictable. Maybe he followed Dole and realized that he was working with Kayden. All I wanted was for Kyle to save me and go back home to Robbins.

            “Glad you decided to join the party, Kyle.” Kayden greeted, causing me to flinch from the sudden break of silence.

            “My pleasure, but I wished that I had the address sent to me.” Kyle said, showing no emotion what so ever. Kayden chuckled at Kyle’s comment.

            “Well you found it fine on your own.” He laughed. “How about we all go inside and talk. There’s a lot we should get caught up on.”

            “Nice try Kayden, I’m not stupid. We can talk here.” Kyle replied, frowning.

           “What did you think you would accomplish coming here? It’s three against one. I also have Kelly, so you wouldn’t risk hurting her.” Kayden said, knowing he had the advantage here and that Kyle would most like die.

            I wondered what his plan was, if he even had one. Sure, Kyle is always a step ahead but what if he wasn’t sure Kayden was here and didn’t have a plan? Who just shows up by themselves without any backup in this type of situation? I know he can’t go to the police, but still it was three against one and if Kyle tried to fight, Kayden could kill me. I knew Kyle wouldn’t risk that, because of how much he cared for me. I just prayed he had a plan and that we would both make it out alive.

          Kyle said nothing, causing Kayden to chuckle at his silence. He turned around and said, “Dole, go deal with him.”

            My eyes widened as Dole hesitantly took a step forward. He told Kyle to drop his gun, but he didn’t listen, instead he gave Dole an evil glare. What was Dole going to do? Would he really kill Kyle? There no way that Dole would do that. He never wanted to betray Kyle in the first place; he just wanted to save Robbins. I guess love can truly be the death of someone. Throughout the years, I had always wished I didn’t have so many people I cared for because then they would all be alive and I wouldn’t have the heartache of their deaths on my mind.

             I could tell by the unsteady steps of Dole that he was nervous and trying to think what he would do. If he didn’t kill Kyle, then Kayden would kill Dole. Then if Dole killed Kyle, he would be killing his closest friend and leaving me here with no chance of escape.

            “Kyle, I’m sorry for everything, let me explain.” I heard Dole say holding his gun at Kyle, hopefully not planning on using it.

            A scream escaped my throat when a gun shot went off, echoing throughout the island. Tears ran down my cheeks as I saw the blood covered sand. Kayden let me go and I sank down to my knees. I couldn’t peel my eyes away from Dole’s motionless body bleeding out on the sand. Kyle stood above him, completely emotionless, not caring that he had killed his closest friend and partner.

            Dole had always tried to help me even though he had kidnapped me himself a few years ago and helped Kyle. He had hurt me, but all I could see was the innocent, man who was corrupted and wanted to save me in the end. Kyle hadn’t even heard him out. All Dole wanted to do was save Robbins, and now he was dead. I could barely see Kyle look into my eyes through my tears. There was a flash of confusion in his eyes, but he quickly regained himself.

            I knew Kayden wasn’t stupid enough to give Kyle a chance to kill him, so Kayden yanked me to my feet and roughly place the gun to my head once again. Tears streamed down my cheeks from the murder I witnessed and out of fear. Before I had time to process what happened next, two gun shots fired, echoing through the silence in the air. I took in a deep breath and closed my eyes tightly hoping Kayden’s wasn’t the gun to fire.

I'm sooooo sorry it's taken me so long to write this chapter. I feel really bad because i havent been able to write. I'm literally working every saturday and sunday and then i have school during the week, so writing is nearly impossible for me. Please forgive me, haha. I'll try and write the next chapter as soon as i can. I still hate to think how long it took me to update, and i feel bad. Sorry for this chliffhanger, you all porbably hate me right now. But i promise to write fast so you wont have to wait too long.  

This chapter's dedication goes to @ColdHeartedKiller. Thanks for much for being so supportive and having such nice and amazing comments!!!

Thanks everyone for being patieent with me and supporting my book, no matter how long it takes me to update. I'll try as soon as i can to update. Until next time, thanks!!!!! :D