"I agree," I said, and thought it through for a second. "Bring him to my office in an hour. I have to deal with Devin first."

"Deal with Devin?" he questioned, with a brow quirked up in curiosity.

"Yeah, she was sneaking around on the first floor looking for information. I think we may have neglected her a little too much."

"But we just protected her! You told her that, right? Is she the one that made you all... Thirsty?"

He gestured to all of me, like there was something wrong with all of me when I got in there. There might have been. I might have been a little too aggressive..

"Yes, and no. She started it, but one of these idiots has been bleeding," I said, and glared at the other humans around us.

"Oh. Well, okay, Sir. I'll bring Marty up in an hour," he said, and nodded towards me.

"Bring a blood bag or two, too," I said, and he nodded again without saying another word.

Then we went our separate ways. That was another thing I really liked about Kieran. He didn't linger. He knew when he wasn't needed anymore, and he knew when to leave a subject alone. I could see very well why he and Devin was such good friends.

I rushed through the first floor, and to the elevator. I was almost tempted to climb up the outside to get to her faster, but I decided she would probably be worried about me if I suddenly tapped on the window..

Her smell was still lingering in the elevator, and I closed my eyes as I tried not to think about her too much. It was a pain not to have her as mine, but I fully intended on making her mine one day. As soon as possible.

I rushed down the hallway, too, and opened the door to my office. She was sitting in one of the chairs in front of my desk, fiddling with her hands, and her beauty struck me like a bolt of lightning when she turned to look at me. Fuck, she was beautiful.

I closed the door behind me, and rushed towards her, not willing to waste another second without feeling her soft, warm skin. I touched her cheek lightly. She had been crying while I was away, and I just left her. I stroke my thumb against her dried tears, and looked into her deep, green eyes.

She sniffled a little, and the sound was so pure, and so innocent, that I actually felt my heart ache. Her lips curled up in a smile, and she leaned her face into my hand, while she looked like she was thinking about something.

"I'm sorry, Adrian. I shouldn't have tried to snoop," she said, meeting my eyes.

"It's nothing to be sorry about. I should be sorry. I've... I tried to protect you, but ended up neglecting you."

I pulled her to me, feeling her warm body against me, and she wrapped her arms around my neck. She smelled so good, sweet, with a hint of vanilla.

I hugged her for a long time, and I felt really bad for keeping her out of the loop. Eventually, I pulled back, and I watched her face. Everything about her was amazing. Her courage to raise her voice at me in the elevator, knowing full well that any vampire walking by in any of the floors close by could hear her, her green eyes, filled with wonder, her musical talent.. I had to make this work somehow, and I couldn't wait anymore. I had to do something now. She deserved it.

"You are not a doll, Devin. You are a very courageous, beautiful, young woman that I am lucky to get to know," I said, as I looked deeply into her eyes. "You are so talented, and so smart. I want to call you mine, Devin."

Her eyes widened, and she looked at me like I had just told her that she was going to move across the country to live in a hut alone for the rest of her life, surrounded by wild animals. It was cute.