- Dead End -

- Chapter 13 -

- Keegan -

"You lookin good Mrs

"You lookin good Mrs. blue. Love the new color girl"I smiled at my customer. I cleaned up my area waiting for my next customer to get here. The girls all had they customers and I had mines.

"So Keegan. I heard that you and Dave moved to the big houses in lake barrow"one of my coworker smiled at me. I smiled back and took a seat. "How's the house?"

"Well dave calls it a mansion"I chuckle. "But I kind of like it, I'm getting use to it now"I smiled.

"Girl if Dave was my man......."

"Well he's not"I shot at her. She one of them young girls. Think she can steal anybody man. But not dave ass. He's fully committed to me. Speaking of commitments, let me go and look up some spots for the wedding.

I got up from my seat and walk to my office so I can play on my computer. I sat down in my office chair looking at some spots for the wedding till I heard a knock on the door. "Come in"I spoke lightly.  My coworker open the door with a fake smile. I know something done happen. And she's snitching. "What happened?"I asked.

"Mr.Washington is here"she spoke. I narrowed my eyebrows at her trying to figure out who last name was Washington till Eli walked right on in with a devious smirk on his face.

"Nice seeing you again Keegan"Eli smiled. "You can go now"he told my coworker. She closed the door softly walking away.

"Nice seeing you too"I mumble.

"I met your husband yesterday. Very nice guy"Elijah smiled but then it went away. "He embarrassed me in front of a large crowd at a restaurant and told me to stay away from my business partner"

"When did we became business partners?"I ask. Elijah smiled at me shaking his head. "I never sign a contract saying that you were"

"The day you met me was the day I became your partner"Elijah spoke. "Listen Keegan, I own everything in Miami even this salon"

"Eli you can't take away my....."he cut me off by slamming his fist on my desk making me jump.

"I said we are business partners for now on. Or you just want me to take away your precious shop?"he ask.

"Please don't"I mumble. "This was something I always wanted to do"

"I understand that. But just know that you don't own this shop, I do"he insisted. "Any more questions before I leave"

"No"I mumble.

Elijah got up from his seat looking down at me. "Good girl"he smiled bout to walk out my office till he turn back to me. "And tell your husband, if he come at me like that again. Ima take everything away from him even you"he smirked walking out the office.

I cover my face with my hands crying my eyes out. Why can't my life go right?