She drops her smile. "Oh."

"Well, that's just great," Stiles mutters and crosses his arms.

"Here's the thing though," I turn the page so it didn't look obvious I wasn't reading the book at all. "the Kanima's actually supposed to be a werewolf, but it can't be until--"

We hear someone walk in our row which causes me to stop talking. They place the book on the shelf and continued walking into a different section.

"until it resolves that in its past which manifested it." Scott finishes my sentence.

"Okay, if that means that Jackson could use a few thousand hours of therapy, I could've told you that myself." Stiles retorts and I roll my eyes.

"What if it has something to do with Jackson's parents?" Allison suggests, taking a step closer to the gap so they could hear her. "His real parents."

"Does anybody actually know what happened to them?" Scott asks.

"Lydia might," Stiles says but I cross my arms.

"What if she doesn't know anything?" I ask but she places the book she had in her hand back on the shelf.

"Well, he doesn't have a restraining order against me, so I'll talk to him myself." She says but Scott furrows his eyebrows.

"And what do I do?" He asks.

"You have a make-up exam, remember?" She raises her eyebrows. He turns to Stiles who nods in agreement. "You went from having some A's to straight D's."

"I still don't understand how someone can go from an A to a D." Stiles shakes his head in disbelief.

I snort. "It's this thing that some girls go through in middle school."

"Olivia, sometimes I want to just—"

"Anyway," Allison clears her throat as she reaches her hand across to take his hand in hers. "Promise me."

"If he does anything, you run the other way." He says and Allison gives a small smile.

"I can take care of myself."

He shakes his head. "Allison, if you get hurt while I'm busy with some stupid test, someone's going to need to take care of me. If he does anything--"

"Like?" She challenges.

"Anything weird o-or bizarre. Anything--"

Stiles shoves his face between the gap, causing Allison and I to take a step back. "Anything evil." He says, practically ruining their moment.

I push his face away and he grunts, almost dropping the book in his hand

I push his face away and he grunts, almost dropping the book in his hand. Allison bid her goodbyes and walks to the exit, leaving the three of us alone.

I was about to walk away as well but Scott grabs my wrist. "What?"

"Follow Allison. I don't want her being alone with Jackson, I don't trust him." He orders and I sigh.

"Can't Stiles go? I think I can get Lydia to talk to me." I suggest but he shakes his head. "She barely acknowledges his existence!"

"Stiles can barely protect himself." Scott gestured which causes Stiles to glare.

"Hey!"

We both shush him. "Olivia, please. I want to make sure she has someone to back her up just in case."

"Fine." I put the book in the gap and quickly follow where Allison went.

Knowing Jackson, he's probably in the locker room lifting weights as he looks at his reflection or something.

As soon as I turn the corner of the locker room, I bump into someone which causes me to trip backward. I catch myself by placing my hand on the wall and see Matt gripping on his backpack with relief.

"Jesus Christ, I almost had a heart attack." I gasp out and he laughs casually.

"Sorry about that." He scratches his neck. "Hey, did you end up finding a club to join from the last time we talked?"

"I haven't found the time," I say and he tilts his head in confusion.

"How come?"

I shrug. "My mom has been kind of strict on me staying out late so much so I think I'm gonna hold off on joining one anytime soon."

"Oh, that blows, sorry about your mom." He says but I shake my head.

"I know she's looking out for me so I don't mind," I say and he nods with a smile.

"Well, I'll see you later." He waves before walking away from the hall.

Once I hear his footsteps fade, I quickly walk to the door that led to the boys' locker room.

I press my ear against the door, trying to hear what they were saying.

"You look a little stressed." I hear Jackson speak. "Is it Scott? Olivia? Is it that whole thing?"

How does he know?

"I still can't believe you actually think your little love triangle isn't going to leave someone hurt. You already know that they're both eventually just gonna run to Derek and join up with him and his little wolf pack. If you don't realize that, you've got to be the stupidest bitch in this town. Well, other than Olivia since she's a pretty stupid bitch herself thinking she can help out when she's actually the weakling in the group."

I clench my fists at his insult. Asshole.

"Stop it, just stop!" I hear Allison raise her voice.

"What are you going to do, when your stupid bitch of a boyfriend turns on you? Olivia already hates you, so it's only a matter of time before Scott finds out the truth."

"S-She doesn't hate m--"

I hear a thump against the wall. "Oh really? Eventually, the truth will come out and one of them will find out how you truly feel. Do you think you can keep your secret forever? If that's what you believe,"

I open the door slightly and have a small view of Jackson pinning Allison against the wall with his claws extended, his hand hovering over her cheek.

Her breath starts to pick up and I quickly push open the door wider to step inside more, but my eyes widen at the sight in front of me.

I knew Stiles should've been here instead of me.