Jirou Akutagawa ~ A Little Bad Advice

Genre: Angst, Fluff, Romance

Word Count: 2,330 

Pairing: Reader x Jirou 

World: Anime, Prince of Tennis 

_______________

Jirou sighed deeply as he stared up at the light blue sky. Only one thing was on his mind; you.

"Are you still sulking?" Gakuto came up and sat next to him on the bleachers as the rest of the team went on with practice.

"I'm not sulking." he protested.

"Really? Because you look pretty sulkish to me." he snorted, "What's your problem, anyway?"

"I fell in love," he muttered, closing his eyes and breathing deeply.

"Why not tell them, then?"

"I know they don't feel the same, and I don't wanna ruin our friendship."

"Make them jealous."

"Eh?"

"Make them jealous. Get yourself a girlfriend and make them realize that they want you."

"I... I don't know about that..."

"Look, there's the perfect girl!" Gakuto pointed towards the fence where his number one fangirl was standing, watching practice with sparkling eyes. "Come on!!" Gakuto grabbed his wrist, pulling him up and dragging him over to the girl. Gakuto shoved him forward as he hid behind a tree to watch.

She blushed as he stood in front of her, "H-Hello Jirou-kun."

"Er... hi." he said, awkwardly. He really didn't want to do this. "Um... I was wondering..." Glancing over his shoulder, he saw Gakuto making hand motions, telling him to continue. "Would you be my girlfriend?" The words felt foreign on his tongue and sent a pang through his heart. Something deep down told him that he was going to regret it later.

"S-Sure!!" she exclaimed, wrapping her arms tightly around his waist as her face flushed.

Jirou smiled fakely, resting his hand on her head. 'This feels so wrong! She's not the one I want to hold like this!'

She smiled and waved, saying that she'd see him tomorrow.

His face fell as soon as she left. He hated this. Using a girl like this wasn't his style. But... Mukahi couldn't be wrong! If he said this would work, then it would!

Gakuto grinned and slapped his back, "Phase one complete! Now we just have to let them know that you got a girlfriend! You gotta rub it in their face!"

"A-Are you sure about this?"

"Positive! It's full proof!"

_______________

You sat down at a table in the cafe Jirou had asked you to meet him in. For some reason, he asked you to meet up with him and Gakuto but he refused to tell you why. He sounded worried about something. A few minutes later, Jirou appeared with his arm around a blonde-haired girl's waist. Gakuto walked in behind them, a smirk on his face. Jirou and the girl sat in front of you, while Gakuto took a seat next to you.

"What's up?" you asked, looking between the two boys, "It sounded kind of important."

"Nothing really. We just wanted to hang out." Gakuto answered, smiling like a little kid on Christmas morning, "This is Melody, Jirou's girlfriend."

"Nice to meet you." you smiled kindly at the girl, holding your hand out, "I'm Y/N."

"You, too." she returned the smile and grabbed your hand, shaking it before letting go. "Are you a friend of Jirou's?"