Sousuke Aizen ~ Breach in Trust

Genre: Fluff, Angst, Romance 

Word Count: 2,126 

Pairing: Reader x Aizen 

World: Anime, Bleach 

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

In every relationship, there is doubt and jealousy. Even the strongest relationships encounter these problems. It doesn't matter how much you trust and love your partner, the worry and the fear that they are cheating on you is still there.

You can lie and say that you've never, not once, felt jealous.

You can lie and say that you've never – not even once – worried that your significant other was seeing someone else behind your back.

It's a side-effect of the drug called love. And the stronger the love, the deeper the worry. You love them so much that you fear the thought of losing them. The thought of losing them to someone else boils in the back of your mind like a hungry fly buzzing around food.

Most people ignore the feeling and have faith in their partner while others act on it and fly into a jealous rage of accusations. How could they not? Seeing someone flirting and touching their girlfriend or boyfriend or husband or wife. What if they see something in that person? What if they leave?

More often than not, the accusations are false.

If you ignore it, the relationship stays the same, but guilt still pools in your stomach.

If you act on it, the relationship will, nine times out of ten, end or, at the very least, become tense and awkward.

But what alerts us to an unfaithful partner?

Sneaking around and acting secretive?

Staying late at work when he/she doesn't have to?

Mysterious phone calls, texts or letters?

Smelling of a scent not belonging to yourself?

Or is it something else? Maybe all of the above? What if it's something innocent disguised as something bad, something treacherous?

What if he/she is planning something special?

What if he/she is just trying to get a raise or promotion?

What if he/she is arranging a surprise for you?

What if he/she was searching for a cologne or perfume for you?

The only proof that someone is cheating is to catch them in the act. You can't believe an outside party. You can't jump to conclusions and go around accusing your partner or stressing out over it. But, it's impossible to do that. We say we can, but that's a lie. It's hardwired into our DNA to feel that way.

So, let me ask you this:

Do you trust him?

Our Trust has been breached.

You never agreed with the choices Aizen had made. You didn't agree with what he was doing, either, but the love you felt for him was so deep that you went along with his plans. Even though he rarely said it, you knew that he loved you. At first, that made you happy, but... you couldn't deny that you were jealous and often found yourself worrying about if Aizen would leave you for another. He could easily find better and had not a single reason to stay with a filthy, weak human like yourself.

The undying source of your jealousy? Hinamori Momo, Aizen's ex-lieutenant. You never failed to notice the way he treated her when he was still a taichou, the way he looked at her and spoke to her and the way she literally kissed the ground he walked on. Right to the very end, she was treated like a special pet to Aizen. You hated it but you bit your tongue and believed that once you were safe in Hueco Mundo, Hinamori Momo would simply be a thing of the past.