Tsunayoshi Sawada ~ The Last Night

Genre: Angst, Fluff, Dark, Romance 

Word Count: 2,842 

Pairing: Reader x Tsuna 

World: Anime, Katekyo Hitman Reborn 

Song: "The Last Night" by Skillet 

WARNING: The following fic contains the following triggering material: attempted suicide, mentions of suicide, self-harm, abusive parents.

"You come to me with scars on your wrist,"

You sat in class, blank eyes staring at the wooden table of your desk. The classroom was empty, save for a few honor students that had come early to get in some extra studying. You weren't there for that purpose, you just wanted to get out of the house as soon as possible. If you didn't risk running into Hibari, you would have been there even earlier. For you, things at home were anything but nice and you just wanted to get away.

Students began to file into the room but you didn't move. Even when you heard the infamous trio enter the room, you didn't blink. You couldn't say you were friends with the three, you were simply... acquaintances with them.

Tsuna took his seat next to you with Yamamoto behind and Gokudera in front. You could feel Tsuna's eyes on you like he had something to say and you unconsciously tugged at the wristbands on both of your wrists. What would he say if he found out? What would he do? You had heard about the rumors of Tsuna being so kind and caring towards others, even people who were mean to him. Would he try to help you? With most people, if they found out such a thing, they would go and tell a teacher or an adult. You could be in serious trouble... so could your parents. You'd make them look bad and then they'd hate you even more than they already did...

You couldn't let that happen.

"You tell me this will be the last night, feeling like this,"

Class ended and just as you had suspected, Tsuna stood by your desk before you could leave. He waited until everyone, including his two friends, had left the classroom before speaking up. He looked nervous, rubbing his arm and shifting from one foot to the other. His eyes were cast down towards the floor and he was biting his lip in worry.

"A-Are you alright, Y/N-san?"

"I'm fine. Why do you ask?"

"Well, you seemed really distracted today, more so than normal. You're pale, too." He looked up at you, worry lacing his brown orbs. "Did something happen?"

Your face was blank, eyes devoid of any emotion. "Sorry, Sawada-san. I have to go." You grabbed your bag and headed for the door, pausing when he called out your name.

"I... I'm worried about you! So is Yamamoto. You seem like... like you're in pain." He paused. "What are you feeling, Y/N-san?"

What were you feeling, he asks. What a foolish question.

You smiled, but it wasn't one of amusement or happiness. No, your smile was nothing but bitter and your voice followed. "You could never understand how I feel. Even if I were to explain it... you'd never understand."

Tsuna watched in surprise as you exited the classroom. He felt his heart tighten in his chest. Something told him to run after you but he just couldn't make his legs move – he was frozen to the spot. He had never heard your voice sound so bitter before and you had never acted so coldly towards him either.