Hatsuharu Sohma ~ What You Wanted

Genre: Fluff, Slice of Life, Romance 

Word Count: 2,568 

Pairing: Reader x Haru 

World: Anime, Fruits Basket 

_______________

"Don't tell me that's as fast as you can run, KyoKyo!" you called over your shoulder at the orange-haired boy. You and Kyo had decided that you would have a race to see who was faster by running all the way to school. So far, you were winning, being a good few feet ahead of him.

The school came into view and you grinned, loving how easy a win this was for you. Once you made it to your homeroom, you flopped into your chair, breathing heavily. Kyo came in a few minutes later, huffing and falling into the chair in front of you.

"You lost, again." you pointed out with a grin, making the orange-haired boy scowl at you.

"You won't win next time, Y/N!" he yelled, pointing a finger at you as his hair stood up in the form of cat ears.

You chuckled, leaning back in your chair. "You say the same thing every time, KyoKyo."

"And stop calling me that!" he yelled again before getting hit in the head with Yuki's backpack – which had been filled with quite a few books. "What the hell was that for!?"

"You shouldn't be yelling in class," Yuki responded, quietly as he took a seat at his desk behind the one next to you. Tohru smiled, sitting next to Kyo as her two best friends, Arisa and Hana came walking in. Hana sat behind you while Arisa sat behind Tohru. The teacher walked in a few minutes later.

You, of course, weren't paying much attention to the lesson. Arisa turned to you and Kyo, "You two up for a game of rich man, poor man after school?"

You shrugged, "I was planning on playing some basketball after school."

Kyo nodded, "So was I."

Arisa grinned, "Alright then. I'll play, too. Me and Y/N against you."

"That's not fair!" Kyo whispered harshly, glaring at the Yankie.

"Fine. Me and Y/N versus you and Yuki." she changed her answer, shrugging.

"There's no way I'm playing with that rat!" he hissed.

"That damn cat would ruin the game, anyway," Yuki added.

"What was that you damned rat!?" Kyo jumped up in his seat, pointing a finger at the prince.

"Kyo! Is there a problem?" The teacher asked, stopping her lesson to look at the orange-haired boy. Kyo shook his head and sat down, a small tint of pink coming to his cheeks. "Then please be quiet and pay attention."

Arisa sniggered, earning a burning glare from the cat.

"Instead, why don't the four of you play against each other." Hana suggested, quietly, "Play a game of HORSE, perhaps, since you can't seem to figure out teams."

The three of you looked at each other before shrugging and chorusing, "Sure."

_______________

After school ended, you all headed for the basketball courts that sat out behind the school. Hana and Tohru had decided to watch, while the rest of us played against each other. We decided that it'd be played out like a normal basketball game, with the same basic rules as HORSE.

You try to shoot a basket, if you get it in, you don't get a letter. If you miss, you get a letter. The first to spell out HORSE looses. You're also allowed to try and steal the ball and stop the others from scoring.