Coyote Starrk ~ Capturing Memories

Genre: Angst, Romance, Comedy 

Word Count: 7,363 

Pairing: Reader x Starrk 

World: Anime, Bleach 

____________________

When the Aizen Army incident first began, you didn't think much of it. You didn't think about the Espada – who they were or where they came from. You just knew that you had to stop them. To you, at that time, they were mere enemies that had to be stopped. You never once stopped to think of the reason behind why they were following Aizen. To be honest, it didn't really matter to you. You had never cared about your enemies before, so why bother doing it now? It was foolish. Of course, for those who already knew Aizen, Gin, and Tousen, it was difficult for them, but no one was familiar with the Espada. And you were no exception.

You stood atop one of the buildings in Karakura Town, staying alert for any Espada level hollows that decided to appear. While everyone else was busy, this was your job and the reason for you being appointed this job was simple; you were more sensitive to Reiatsu than the others, and you were able to feel it farther away and pick it up a lot quicker than the others could. It was a really handy skill that you were thankful to be born with.

That being said, you caught wind of a spiritual pressure that did not belong to a soul reaper or a human. You knew that it was an Espada, but it was very faint. Whoever it was, they were damn good at hiding their reiatsu, but you could still track it.

Jumping from building to building, you found yourself outside of town in a fairly large forest. The reiatsu was coming from deep within and you knew it was risky to be going in alone, but if you wasted time contacting the others, you might lose it. If worse came to worse, the others would feel your reiatsu when you began fighting. Your job was to stop him from getting away, and that's exactly what you planned to do.

When you got to the clearing, you hid behind a tree to see if it was anyone you had seen before. Ulquiorra, Yammy, and Grimmjow were the only ones that you had met, and this new Espada was not one of them. He was tall and skinny, with dark brown hair that fell to his shoulders in small waves. He wore the typical Espada uniform, but it was tailored to the way he liked it, as all of them were. He seemed too relaxed to be in enemy territory, though. He was laying back against a tree, his arms behind his head and eyes closed. He didn't seem too threatening. Then again, neither did Yachiru, and everyone knew how terrifying her power could be.

"How long do you plan to hide, soul reaper?" He asked without opening his eyes.

You scowled at him, coming from around the tree and into the clearing. As you got closer, you noticed a little girl with him, sitting against the tree to his left. She was short, maybe Hitsugaya's height, with blonde hair. One of her eyes was covered by her mask, but the other was pink in color. "Who are you? And why are you in the world of the living? Did Aizen send you?"

At first, neither of them said anything, and you thought they might not answer, but after a few silent moments passed by, the male opened his eyes – revealing them to be a beautiful shade of blue – and stared at you lazily like he had no interest in the conversation.

"Aizen-sama sent us here."

"To do what?"

The girl leaned forward, narrowing her eye at the male beside her. "He sent us here for recon, but Starrk is too lazy!"

"It's a troublesome job." The male yawned, closing his eyes again. "He should have sent someone else."

"But he sent us!" She scowled before looking up at you, her expression anything but friendly. "You lookin' for a fight?"