2 - Hiruma Youichi

It was still dark in my room when I woke up. My first instinct was to take my phone to see what time it is. But the moment I move my right arm a dull pain throbs through it.
Suddenly I remember yesterday's game. The tackle that injured my ribs and the many passes I have thrown. My right arm was after all still recovering. I sigh and close my eyes for a moment. My chest hurt with each breath and my right arm felt completely numb. Some strange pressure was on my left leg - wait? My right knee is the one hurting. I sit up a bit and my eyes widen in surprise. „Kekeke.", I laugh quietly. „Damn manager."
„Hiruma..", she mumbles and starts to open her eyes.
„H..hi..Ruma?!", she stutters the moment her eyes meet mine.
„Kekeke!", I start to laugh and end up in a terrible coughing fit, that jarred my bruised ribs. I groan tiredly.
„Hiruma!", I hear her call me.
„What do you want, damn manager?!", I snap back, not feeling in the mood to deal with her. „Just leave me alone!"
„Haaah! You were the one pleading me to stay last night! And I can tell your stil sick! I'll stay until at least your fever is down! You idiot of an Captain!"
„I don't need your help!", I yell at her and move to sit up against the headboard of my bed. I try to hide the pain my ribs are causing but can't help a quiet hiss and my left hand rubbing my sore chest. I didn't need her pity. Yesterday has been enough. After all I wasn't a little kid. I could deal with some fever and the injuries will heal on their own!

She looks me in the eyes and I stare back.
Suddenly she stands up without one word and leaves the room. Only a few seconds later I hear the door slam shut.
„Damn, now she is angry..", I sigh.
Carefully I get up. My right knee hurts with each step, but it's bearable. Like always. After all it hurts since the death march.
I make my way to the bathroom and look into the mirror hanging over the sink. My cheeks were still flushed with fever. I could tell it didn't went down over night. My eyes were dull and glassy. Now that I was standing up my head was spinning and I felt a headache forming behind my eyes. My body was screaming for me to lie down again. After doing my business I make my way back to my bed. Before I lay down I grab a blanket out of my closet. Thought it was early autumn I felt surprisingly cold. When I sit down feeling out of breath and exhausted I wrap myself into the blanket the best I can with my hurting body.
„Ridiculus. I'm a fucking weak bastard!", I say and slowly my eyes slip close again.

Hot. It was so damn hot in here. Fuck! I'm burning! My mind was screaming. It felt like I was burning alive. I wrestled out of the blanket I earlier took because I was cold, feeling like it was suffocating me. My mouth was dry. It hurts to swollow and my body felt so numb.
Water. I'm so damn thirsty. I look around and see the water bottle Anezaki left on my nightstand the night before. There was no way I could open it with just one hand. I sigh in frustration Maybe it will pass after a while but it just got worse. Though I felt like a fire was burning inside of me and eating me, I suddenly start shivering.
„Fuck..", I whisper.

Tiredly I open my eyes and search for my phone. When I finally get it I scroll through the contacts. The words are all blurry and the light was bringing my headache back. When I finally found the name I searched for I pressed call. My hand fell to the bed because I couldn't find  the strength to hold my hand up any longer. I tap the speaker and hear the dial tone.
It takes some time until I finally hear her voice. „What do you want?!"
„Ane..zaki..", my voice cracked halfway and I wasn't sure if she could hear me at all.
„Hiruma?"
„Anezaki.. I don't feel good.", I mumble.
„You're still at home?", she asks and I thought her voice sounded worried.
„Yeah.."
„I'm coming."
She ends the call and I sigh in relieve. I feel myself sink into a deep painless darkness.

„-uma! Hiruma! YOICHI!"
I suddenly hear Mamoris voice. I slowly open my eyes and look at her. My vision is blurry and my heart was beating furiously.
„Finally! I've been trying to wake you up for a while now! Hiruma! Do you hear me?"
I nod and my eyes slip close again. To tired to keep them open any longer. "Stay awake!", she warns me. I nod and get my eyes to open a little. Just enough to show her I'm still awake.
I feel her hand touch my forehead. It's unbelievable cold and I sigh in relief. It feels so damn good.
"You're burning up!", she exclaims.
"'m sorry.", I mumble.
"Ahh! Did you take any medicine? Did you drank something at all today?"
I shake my head and groan at the headache forming behind my eyes.
"You're unbelievable! Mouth. Open.", she commands and I do what she says.
She slips the thermometer in and gets up. "I'll get some wet towels to get your fever down!"
I hear her rant about me all the way to the bathroom and back.