twenty four

"Emma, you've been throwing up every day for a week" Olivia scowled, "I think you should go to the doctors"
"We're worried about you" Amanda chimed in, giving her best friend sympathetic eyes.

Laying in bed and drowning in thousands of pillows, Emma replied, "guys I'm fine"
"You don't look fine" Amanda argued, "and even your mum agreed. She's making you an appointment whether you like it or not"
"What the fuck guys?" She groaned in reply, ignoring as her friends chuckled a little at her dramatics, "where's Ellie?"
"Hanging with Grayson again" Olivia told her with a sigh.

Ellie had been distance lately, though they'd still hang out with the group. Whenever there were any plans for the girls to spend time together alone, she'd always tell everyone she had plans with Grayson.

The girls were never invited to the twins house. Everyone thought Emma was so vulnerable, that being there would make everything worse, but in reality, she has just realised that she should just get over it.

She isn't bothered anymore.

"We never see her anymore" Olivia adds, and the girls nod.
"It's my fault guys" Emma blamed herself, "I shouldn't let this breakup affect our friendships"
"It's not your fault" Amanda smiled, "your hurting. We can't expect you to just go back to before"
"I'm okay now, seriously. I'm over it. He doesn't want me, and I have to deal with that" the girls' eyebrows raised in question, a smirk playing on their faces, "I'm fine"
"If you say so" Olivia joked, "anyway, you need to get dressed. You're appointments in 20 minutes"

She didn't want to go.

Of course she didn't want to go.

The possibility of everything going wrong scares her more than she'll ever let on.

Emma got into the shower, before proceeding to get dressed and straighten her hair. She applied a little bit of makeup before pulling on her airforces, and getting ready to leave.

"Hey! Wait up!" Olivia shouted, as Emma was about to walk out the door. She turned around, looking at them with raised eyebrows and questioning eyes, "we're coming with you".

"No guys, listen I'll be fine" Emma argued, turning away again and walking out of the door.
"Emma. We're coming with you" Amanda slowly said.
Fed up and tired of arguing, Emma replied with 'fine' and let them into her car.

She would never admit it, but the idea of them being there actually comforted her. The only reason she tried to push them away is because she didn't want to be a burden, but her inner need for support fought against the idea.

Amanda sat in the front, after bickering with Olivia about how she was there last time. Emma laughed at them, telling them how childish they were being, and forced them into the car before she could be late to her appointment.

Emma played her playlist, singing along to the songs with her friends, which eased her anxiety and cheered her up a lot. Though, when silence filled the car, her thoughts drifted to Ethan.

She swore she's over him.

But she just couldn't stop thinking about him.

What's he doing?

Is he thinking about her?