2.2

A/N: IM NOT WRITING SMUT IM SORRY I JUST CANT DO IT IM TOO AWKWARD
Ashton's P.O.V.
Calum and Michael left a hour ago, so Luke and I were stood in his kitchen just randomly talking. I missed this so much.

"Where have your mum and brothers been?" I ask, jumping up on the counter.

"I think everyone's gone for the night. You hungry?" He asks, hands resting on my thighs.
I shook my head.

"Me neither," he agreed before kissing me, pulling me closer to him while tracing the line of my jaw. I felt my entire body go limp against him as goosebumps appeared all over. "You cold?" He mumbled against my lips, tracing the collar of my crewneck.

"N-No," I stutter back, before my bottom lip was taken in between his teeth. He chuckles before pulling back, "Wanna take this out of here?"
"I, uh," I feel his fingers find their way to my curls, and I'm taken over. "Yes."

-

I was sleepy and sluggish after it was all over. It felt like I was trying to swim through syrup, and I still had to go home. I try to pull myself up before he pulls me back down, "Can you stay here? With me?" He whispers, arm draping over my chest. "Yes." I whisper back, letting my eyes fall close.

I don't remember when I fell asleep, but when I woke up, the dawn was dripping grey outside, and I was alone. I swing my legs over the bed onto the chilly hardwood to get my sweater off the ground, tried to think and not to panic. He wouldn't leave me, would he? No, I'm in his house. Could his family be home?

I got dressed as fast as I possibly could and slid my feet into my Sparreys. I sigh, walking towards the door before I see a piece of paper. I glance at it, excepting it to be just another note from his dad, except this time, I see a fancy stamp on it. There was a small envelope under it.

I pick it up before reading The University of Sydney printed on the top.

Luke Hemmings,
We regret to inform you, that you haven't been accepted into our university. We will keep your application until farther notice.
We're deeply sorry,
University of Australia.

"Morning, babe. Did you sleep well?" I gasp at the sudden sound, putting down the paper quickly. "Hey," I said, "Good."
He handed me a small bag of crisps before looking at me in the mirror. "You okay?" He asks softly, kissing my curls slightly.

I let a small, forced giggle leave my mouth. "Uh-huh." I nodded. I knew he'd get offended if I told him I thought he actually left me for a minute. I offended myself.

It was close to lunch time when Luke drove me home. I walked through the backdoor, wanting to go unnoticed, but my dad isn't there.
I walk up to my room, closing my door before lying on the bed and letting out a breathe.

-

I had the sudden overwhelming feeling that I wanted to cry. So I did. Hard. It was only 1, I could still head to school, but I didn't. What was happening to me?

I did something I haven't done in months, I looked at the broken timer on my wrist. It didn't have the plastic on it anymore, just the timer that had a faded "000:00:00" on it.

I slowly ran my finger over it. Another tear stroking my face. I couldn't decide whether it was happy, or upset.

Soon enough, Luke texted me, I was excepting one of those paragraphs he always sends me. All sappy and cute. I decided to not reply until later, so I didn't open it.

It wasn't one of those cute paragraphs.

A/N: OKAY IM SORRY ITS SO SHORT. BUT AS YOU CAN TELL THERES ABOUT TO BE A SPIKE IN THE PLOT AND IM SORRY.