Chapter 2

Omkara... Omkara.... Omkara...

My name was echoing in the whole stadium as I was about to strike the final ball of the Cricket competition. I was the captain of the college cricket team and we are playing the match against the rival team. We have to win this match to reach the finals. I closed my eyes for a minute and took a deep breathe as I concentrated on the ball being bowled. I swinged the bat with much force hitting the ball with all my might, the wood of the bat hitting the ball making a crackling sound was the only noise heard in the stadium as everyone's eyes were fixed on the ball watching it in silence. The next minute cheers erupted in the stadium as my team mates rushed towards me lifting me in the air giving me bumps.

"We have made it!! " Ranveer shouted with the top of his voice.

"Woohoo... We reached the finals." Abhay danced in happiness.

"Congratulations boys, We made it. " Our coach Mr. Stephen congratulated us.

"Let's go party." Neil announced.

"Okay guys, let's go fresh up and get out of here." I said as I made my way towards the bathrooms to have a bath.

Ranveer, Neil and Abhay were my Friends and Cricket team mates, together we used to practice cricket matches and participated in cricket competitions. We four were a gang and was studying business in one of the prestigious colleges of Mumbai. We never cared anyone and always used to enjoy life partying, we seldom attended our classes. Our parents were busy making money and looking after the businesses and even if they cared we used to fool them and escape. Even then we used get caught sometimes while fooling around. But thank god my parents are cool about these stuff. The always thought we should enjoy life while we are still young, I Love my Parents.

After a while, I met my friends and teammates in the corridor and we were about to make way to the college parking lot, when I heard a sharp voice piercing our ears.

"Omi baby... " Riddhima shouted in her over enthusiastic voice as she came towards us to hug me.

"Congratulations, Omi baby. That was an wonderful sixer you striked at the end to win the match. OMG, you looked so hot in that white cricket jersey of yours." Riddhima kept babbling as she suffocated me with her hug.

"Thank You Riddhimma." I said smiling politely. Riddhima is my father's business partner and family friend Mr.Malhotra's daughter. The Malhotra's had been our loyal business partners since my grandpa started trading with her grandpa.

"Omi Baby, how about you and I hanging out this night." Riddhima asked running her long fingers on my cheeks.

"Sorry Riddhima, got some plans tonight. We can go out some other time. Gotta go." I excused and walked away with my friends.

"Wow, man. You rejected to go out with college's queen bee! " Ritwik, our teammate exclaimed.

"Man, girls throw themselves on him." Another guy said.

"He is rich and handsome, famous in the college, who don't want to date such a hot guy of the college."

"Oh, shut up man. Not everyone throws themselves on him. You guys must be blind. Do you think if you have money and fame, you can do anything." Veer said, Veer has been trying to become the Captain of the team but most of the members of our team are in my favour which made him have some grudge on me and he tries to show me down with every chance he gets.