S.D. - Senjuro Rengoku

Hi! From time to time, I'll be making short drabbles in this book :)) S.D. stands for "Short Drabbles"

Note: NOT AN X READER

---

"I can't do it.."

A soft clank of metal was heard as the young boy put his sheathed blade down. Senjuro was a Rengoku.. He was supposed to be a swordsman as well, just like his brother and father..

Yet somehow, he doesn't have the talent for it. His blade never changed colour.

Kyojuro always taught him to keep his head high and to not worry, for he was still capable of great feats even if he isn't a swordsman like him. Tears began to brim in the corner of his eyes as his hands formed fists, head hanging low in shame. He repeated his brother's words in the back of his mind as he began to wipe his tears away, trying to calm himself down.

Kyojuro soon came in the room, a smile on his face "Hey, don't push yourself too hard. It's okay."

"But aniki, I want to become a swordsman too.. So I could help you."

"You can always help me in other ways! Like helping around the house while I'm gone, or supporting me."

"Am I really... Can I really help you like that?" He muttered as a soft smile finally came onto his lips, causing his big brother to grin "Yes! You can!"

---

"Aniki.. I wish you were here.. I wish I could have helped you.. I'm sorry.." soft sobs were heard from the young boy sweeping in front of his estate. He was gripping tightly onto his broom, slowly losing his footing as he fell onto his knees to sob. His father was inside, drunk and wasted, while he was left all alone.

He wished his brother was here, he desperately wished for his return.

He wished the crows were lying, that his brother would soon come running home..

Despite already performing the funeral for him.

"I wish I could have helped.. I wish I could have been a swordsman.. So I could have fought by your side.."

"Please.. come home.."

---