Chapter 13: An Honest Liar

DISCLAIMER: TOO LAZY TO OWN ANYTHING AS GREAT AS NARUTO, BESIDES I PROCRASTINATE TOO MUCH SO I PROBABLY WOULDN'T EVEN MANAGE TO FINISH IT :D

Thunderstorm by Rivals

Chapter 13: An Honest Liar
________________________________________________________________________________________________

THIRD POV
URSA KNEW SHE was in trouble now. To be arrested with the falsification of her identity and the suspicions of espionage, she knew it was understandable, but she still stuttered out denial. By means, who likes being arrested? Not her, that's for sure.

As the Anbu held onto her forearm and pulled her to follow him, she ignored the protests of her teammates yelling behind her. In fact, it was mostly Naruto who was yelling for them to stop, to explain. Of course, Ursa heard Sakura take a jab at her, saying that she should've expected it. The curly haired brunette didn't hate the Haruno for it. They mostly fought, but that's how they got along - taking jabs at each other, they were like frenemies.

However, what deterred her was Sasuke's silence. Did he have nothing to say? Sure, he was silent for the past two weeks, but nothing? Not even a decrypted Uchiha grunt? She should have expected it, especially with his recent behavior, but it still hurt her to get radio silence.

Then, there was her sensei. Kakashi wasn't doing anything, not protesting, not asking for an explanation, not zilch. It's as if he were expecting something like this to happen. In fact, in the past days, she noticed his wary glances towards her. She often pondered what they were about, but never really questioned it. Did something happen? What made him so suspicious about her?

Ursa sighed, mentally scolding herself. She made herself suspicious. Her comments whilst battling Zabuza. Her behavior to high stress situations, she was too cool headed - too collected. She wasn't acting like fresh faced Genin, they usually showed fear if they were in the same position, she didn't. In fact, she was sadistic about it.

Throwing a glance over her shoulder, Ursa caught sight of Kakashi restraining Naruto. Sighing, she turns back around and kept her head down. Despite the bad situation, she kept her resolve - to not break.

The walk to the the Torture and Interrogation Department was long. People kept glancing at her, curious to why a Genin was being held by an Anbu. Ursa didn't give them any mind, she kept her head down and gaze low.

She needed to steel her nerves despite feeling the pit of fear coiling in her stomach. She felt nauseous and her anxiety was sky rocketing. Usually, she kept herself at bay, but the unknown was deterring her stable state of mind. Digging her nails into the palms of her hands, Ursa let the piercing pain calm her down.

She wasn't going to break, not now, and not ever.

Anything they did to her, she will simply endure it.

- _ - _ - _ - _ -

TEAM SEVEN STOOD in a silence after they watched a member of their team be taken away. They knew Ursa was new to their village, but they knew nothing of her. She was mysterious, never said anything about her life. So, to those clever enough to think it, the question lingered in their minds.

Was it possible?

Did she actually do what was accused of her?

"Hmph, well, there was something obviously sketchy about her," Sakura huffed, crossing her arms.

Naruto frowned. "They're wrong! She would never do any of those things, believe it," he exclaimed, turning to face his team.