[SPIDER-VERSE] Gwen Stacy x Reader

Requested by katieMurphy866

I frickin love her so much! Thank you for requesting!

~~~~~~~~~~

[Your POV]

Where's Gwen!? I need to find Gwen! "Hey, uh, have you seen Gwen?" I asked some fellow students in the hallway of my school. They just shrugged. Ugh! I'm so hyped up right now! I finally got the courage to ask her out, but that courage is starting to fade! I need to find her before it disappears completely! That's when I felt an arm on my shoulder, pulling me against a locker.

"I heard you were on the hunt for me~" Gwen said, looming over me, leaning against my locker. I nodded rapidly, hoping to hide the blush growing on my face. "So, what's up, buttercup?" She opened her locker, which was right next to mine, and began pulling out her stuff for class.

"H-Hey, is that a new haircut?" I asked, trying to find my confidence by starting a conversation.

"Uh, yeah, I guess you could call it that." She said, running her fingers through her short hair.

"It's, uh..." I started, but ended up staring in awe. "U-Uh, it's really nice!"

"Thank you." Gwen said with a giggle. "What's up with you? You seem really tense." 

"T-Tense!?" I cried. Of course she could tell. For one, it's probably really obvious. And two, she had, like, this sixth sense. Crazy stuff. Crazy awesome stuff that I love her for... I need to get that confidence back... "So, uh, Gwen, you know that new restaurant that opened down the road? Not the really expensive and fancy one, but the one that's still fancy but in my price range?" She nodded slowly and I began sweating. "W-Well, uh, I was w-wondering if you wanted to, uh, come with...me?"

"..." She was silent, taking everything I had said in. "You're asking me out on a date, right?" I went stiff and nodded my head, muttering a little 'yes'. "Well, in that case, heck yeah!"

"Wait, really?" I asked.

"Of course 'really'." Gwen said. "What time do you want to meet up?"

"O-Oh, I can pick you up around five o' clock, if that's alright?" I offered.

"That's fine, buttercup~" She said in that sweet, smooth voice. "So I'll see you tonight?"

"Y-Yup!" I stuttered. She smiled at me, finger-gunning me as she left. I felt my heart pound in happiness! I'm going on a date with Gwen Stacy!

Timeskip brought to you by: Gwen Stacy being one of my fictional loves-

I got in my car in my favorite (dress/suit). I hope Gwen will like it. My mind started wandering to what Gwen would wear. Would she wear a dress? Or would she wear something dapper? Would she even dress up at all? It didn't really matter to me, as long as she was there. My hands gripped the steering wheel as I crossed a bridge above another street. I was so excited! I couldn't wait! I looked over at the bouquet of flowers I had stuffed in the back seat. I hope she likes roses. White roses, to be specific. With a little pink dotted here and there.

When I looked back to the road, I immediately knew something was up. There was traffic. There was never traffic on this road. I turned to the people honking to my right. We were so close together, I could knock on his window. He rolled it down. "What's going on?" I asked him.

"What!?" He cried. There was too much honking to talk to anyone. Oh no! I looked down at the clock on my dashboard. At this rate, I'll be late to picking up Gwen! I was about to honk my horn, even though I knew it would do nothing but I just wanted something to hit in frustration, when I began hearing screams. My eyes widened at the scene unfolding in front of me. 

Someone with a misshapen body was going through all the cars. When he found one that wasn't satisfying to him, he would throw it off the bridge and onto the streets below. That was every car he had come across. I began to panic. No one was leaving their cars, but instead, waiting for their impending doom. Or were they waiting for someone? Like the Spider-woman? But I wasn't waiting. I was about to grab the bouquet in the back seat when I heard a child screaming in the car in front of me. The mother was struggling to get her seatbelt off in a panic. I took a deep breath and left the flowers behind, kicking open my car door and running to the car in front of me. "Please! Take my baby!" The mother cried.

I nodded and reached for the little boy, who was still crying. I managed to pull the kid out of his carseat and make a run for it. The monster noticed and came crashing on every car between him and I. Spider-woman, where are you!? That's when I heard the sound of that familiar web slinging. Spider-woman appeared seemingly out of nowhere, easily tying this guy up. The police showed up in no time, as if they had already been on their way. She helped the people who had been thrown over the bridge. The mother of the boy I was holding had nearly been crushed to death in her car. The seat where her son had been sitting had caved in completely. She was reunited with her son, leaving me alone, standing on the side of the bridge. Spider-woman was talking to the officers and I couldn't help but stare. She really was amazing, saving all these people and such. I gave a sigh of relief and as I was about to walk back to my car, a chunk of the bridge began cracking. I was frozen with fear as the edge of the bridge collapsed, taking me with it. I was so terrified, I couldn't find my voice. I couldn't scream. But luckily, Spider-woman had been standing not too far from me. She swung down and caught me in her arms. But before she could find a safe place to land, some of the broken parts of the bridge scratched her face, opening her mask. The hand she was using to shoot webs immediately slapped over her face. She held me tight as we came tumbling down onto a patch of grass. "U-Uh, be careful next time, alright?" Spider-woman said, still covering her face. I noticed blood had begun dripping down her hands. Her face was bleeding. But before I could do anything, she ran off. I took a deep breath looked at the sky. It was already well into the night, and I was late for my date with Gwen. She would understand though, right? She would understand that I needed to go after Spider-woman and make sure she was okay. I ran as fast as I could after Spider-woman. She wasn't swinging very fast, due to her injury.

We soon came to the heart of the city and she swung down an alleyway. I followed after her, slowing my pace. She began climbing a ladder and stairs that would take her to the top of the building. Once again, I followed her. But she was better at climbing then I was. I toppled onto the roof of the building, exhausted. But I had made it in time to see Spider-woman completely peel away her mask, revealing her...blonde hair...those beautiful eyes...that's... "Gwen?" I asked. She gasped and looked straight at me. There was a look of panic on her face, but she was able to replace it with coolness.

"Oh, uh, hey, (Y/N)." Gwen said. "What's up?"

"You're the Spider-woman!?" I asked, walking towards her.

"Shh!" She said, slapping a hand over my mouth. My eyes widened to see a gash on her cheek that was streaming with blood.

"You're hurt." I said.

"Yeah, but I can take care of it, you know?" She said. She sounded nervous.

"Gwen, it's okay. I won't tell anyone." I said, taking her hand in mine. She looked down at it and furrowed her eyebrows, thinking. After a few moments, she seemed to have come to her conclusion. 

"Okay. You promise?" She asked.

"I promise." I said, squeezing her hand.

"Thanks, buttercup." She said, wrapping her arms around my neck. I wrapped mine around her waist, hugging her tightly. "I think we'll have to postpone our date, sadly."

"Yeah..." I said. "But, as long as it still happens, I'm fine with whenever."

"How about tomorrow night then?" She asked. "This time, I can pick you up."

~~~~~~~~~~

Did this take a while to come out? Probably. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed! I've started making little plans for my oneshots and this is the first one that got that treatment and I'll see y'all next time!

-the2tailedfoxy