"Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for all who came to celebrate a rare and beautiful occasion. It wasn't too long ago when my lovely wife and I were walking down these stairs newly in love, for our engagement party. Now we are here together, gathered with our loved ones to see my son do the same.  He found himself a strong vibrant and beautiful firecracker who will only bring him joy and success. We are happy to welcome this beautiful young girl to our family. Please, Welcome Dominic Vincenzo and Alessandra Mortelli!"

Once the spotlight flashed on us, I put on an award-winning smile and walked down the stairs with Gabriel by my side. The crowd applauds graciously. I saw some envious eyes in the sea of people but my gaze stopped at Veronica. I had forgotten that we invited to show her how happy we were together. Now the thought of us together is giving me more headaches than bliss. We stood on the platform and posed for pictures. Dominic was a very convincing actor. Despite his fingers digging into my side, he put on a sly smile and posed as natural as he could. He even placed a few kisses on my cheek. The swarm of photographers slowly disappeared. Dominic took the microphone from his father before walking back over to my side.

He took my hand and stared at me as he spoke into the microphone. What is he about to do?

"Thank you, father, for the introduction and thank you to all of our friends and family here tonight. Some of you traveled from far away and Alessandra and I couldn't be more grateful that you can share this special night with us. Alessandra and I's story is...unconventional to say the least but it's a story I wouldn't change for the world. I couldn't think of a better person to have by my side through all the battles and tribulations life throws at you. I couldn't think of a stronger person to rule by my side as queen. You mean more to me than words can describe but I hope this ring can help out."

Slowly Dominic reached inside his suit and pulled out a gold small box. He opened the box and showed me the ring. The crowd gasp and cheered in excitement. I didn't know this was apart of the itinerary.

A single tear dropped from my eyes as I stared at the ring. The ring is a beautiful square halo ring with a massive diamond in the center and tiny diamonds surrounding it and all across the band. This ring would have meant so much more if Dominic meant every word he said. His words were beautiful and if last night never happened I would be jumping for joy at this grand gesture. But Dominic is a manipulator. He's not even on one knee, he isn't showing any type of emotion. He's a stone-cold robot.

I flashed a quick smile and quickly wiped the tear away.

"Will you be my fiance, Alessandra?" Dominic asked.

"Yes," I whispered softly.

He slipped the ring onto my finger and planted another kiss on my cheek. His arm snaked against my waist to pull me to his side. We posed for pictures as best as we could but I know if I don't get out of this room soon, I'm going to explode.

"Okay enough of pictures. If everyone will sit we can bring out dinner."

Soon the crowd dispersed and Dominic and I took our seats on the stage. We waited for the food to be served. Dominic was on his phone under the table and I couldn't help but fiddle with the ring on my finger. Who would have thought that my dream ring would be on my finger and I was in tears of sadness? Who could have expected that beside me instead of him being someone who I want to spend the rest of my life with is the man I despise?

I tried to slip the ring off my finger for a moment but a tight grip suddenly stops me. Dominic's hand clamped over mine in urgency. I looked up at him to see his attention hasn't left his phone. He brought my hand up to his mouth and kissed softly.