Two

Nya's POV

"Oh no," I say. "Oh no no no no no."

"Everything okay, Nya?" Jay asks, coming into the room.

"Gah!" I exclaim, startled. I turn around, and I hear the golden weapons—which were floating a moment ago—clatter to the floor.

Jay looks at me funny, but then he just looks concerned. "You okay?"

"Yeah, why?" I say, heat coming to my cheeks. I always blush whenever Jay is worried for me or gives me a compliment. I don't know why, but I do.

"It's not like you to be clumsy."

I giggle nervously. "I'm fine," I assure him.

Jay shrugs and walks away.

I turn back to the golden weapons, and I pick them up. I quickly bring them up to the deck, remembering that Sensei asked for them.

————Kai's POV———-

"What's taking Nya so long?" Cole asks, throwing a punch at a dummy.

"I'm here!" Nya exclaims, bursting through the door. "Sorry I'm late."

"That's okay, sis," I say, taking the sword of fire from her grasp.

"Get ready to feel the thunder!" Jay says to a training dummy while swinging his numbchucks.

"Actually, Jay," Zane interrupts. "It will not feel anything. The dummy is not alive."

"Are you going all nindroid on us again, Zane?" Cole jokes.

"I do not compute."

"Of course not," Cole says, rolling his eyes.

"Come on guys," I say. "Let's get down to business."

————— Nya's POV————-

While the ninja are training, I sneak back into the ship. I just want to be alone to think.

"Hi Nya," Lloyd says as I pass him in the hall.

"Hey," I reply, but I don't look at him. I'm too lost in thought.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, why does everyone keep asking me that?"

"You look little distracted."

"Uh... it's nothing," I lie. I don't want to tell the others about what happened with the golden weapons just yet.

——————Jay's POV; dinner time —————

"Does anybody know why Nya's been acting so weird lately?" Kai says after Nya went back to her room.

"She's just tired," I say quickly. "It takes a lot of energy to put up with us four ninja."

The others all laugh in agreement, because it's true; we are quite a handful.

—-tiny time skip——

"There's no use denying it; we all know it's going to be me," Cole says.

"No way!" Kai argues. "I'm going to be the green ninja."

"That assumption is illogical. I clearly possess the most potential," Zane says.

This conversation happens almost every day. Normally, I pitch in and say that I'm going to become the green ninja, but not today. I've seen something that I can't unsee, and it changes my perspective on things.

"You alright, Jay? You've been really quiet," Cole asks.

I shake my head, breaking my train of thought. "Yup, all good."

"Ha, he's just coming to terms with the fact that the colour green suits me the best," Kai says.

I smirk. If only he knew the truth.