I looked back at the receptionist. "Can I see her?"

  She looked at me with sad eyes. "I call the doctor, so he's coming. But I'll need you to sign up a form please." He reached over a drawer and took out a form. He gave me the form and I noticed I didn't really know a lot about Kalliyah apart from what I read in her files when we met. I looked up at him about to tell him but Alliyah interrupted. 

"I'll sign it." Alliyah said. I willing gave her the form, how would know her better than her twin?

  "Why don't you fellows go into the waiting room and wait for the doctor. Straight down the hall, last room on the right." she pointed in the direction with a smile on her face. 

   I nod at her and decided to go and wait. There wasn't anything else I could do and I needed to be somewhere quiet to think and the hall where everyone is rushing and worried isn't the place. 

  I walked ahead of the couple to the location I was given. I entered and noticed it wasn't loaded, only a woman with a baby in her hand. I walked over to an empty seat and sat.

  I placed my face in my hands then took a few deep breaths and started to cry. Then started to say a small prayer. "Please God, make her be okay.  Make her wake up for me.  I'm sorry I treated her the way I did. I'm sorry I hurt her.  If you give her back to me, I'll never hurt her again. I'll make sure she has everything she needs and wants. Please bring back my heart because, without her, I'm torn."

  I cried some more until I Santiago's took a seat beside me and Alliyah beside him. I could him whispering and assuring her that Kalliyah will be fine. But all Alliyah could do was cry and blame herself. Saying it's her fault but it wasn't her fault. It's mine. 

  If I had never kicked her out of my house, she'd be safe and sound but instead, she's on a hospital bed unconscious. 

  "Hello," I heard someone say. I didn't bother to look up. After a while, the person spoke again. "You must be patience's twin. I have news about your sister." I lift my head and look at the doctor. So the woman in the accident was Kalliyah. 

I felt a sharp pain in my chest. Knowing it's her is so much harder than suspecting. 

  I quickly stood up. I walked over to the doctor. "What news? Please tell me she's okay."

   "Mr Carter, she's fine. She is in a coma. We're not sure when she will be back on her feet." He wasn't showing any emotions on his face which made it hard to try and figure out exactly what he was thinking.

"How long is a person in coma likely stay there for?" Alliyah asked.

The doctor gaze shift to hers. "It depends, some last a day and others can last for fifteen years."

  Alliyah rested her head on Santiago's shoulder and started crying again. He brought his hands around her to secure her. The doctor looked at her. "Miss, it's not healthy for you either. You might get stressed out and your blood pressure might drop, so, please. Be calm, your sister is okay. She's not brain death with means she has a 70% chance that she'll recover from this."

"What happens in the other 30%?" I asked the doctor.

He blinked then answered, "There could be brain damage, memory loss or death."

I nod and shut my eyes tight. 

Please don't let it her be in the 30%

Alliyah sniffed then asked, "Can I see her?"

  I heard some papers being lifted then the doctor answered a few seconds after, "Yes, you can see her but as I said, she's unconscious. I suggest you go in the room one at a time. Take it easy on her. Studying show that some person in her conditions knows when persons around her are in a sour mood."

  I lifted my head so I can see Alliyah's reaction.  "Ok, that's fine, as long as we get to see her," she said and I nod in agreement. 

"Let's go then," the doctor said and led the way to her room.

The doctor looked at the three of us, "So who's going first?"

  I looked at Alliyah and she looked at me in desperation. "You go." She needed to see her sister more than I did. She's known her all her life compared to me who's only known her for a few months. 

Yet, that didn't stop me from falling for her. 

..........................................

Do you know anyone that's been in a coma?

Thanks for reading. 

Please vote, comment and follow. (They make me smile?)