The woman smiled creepy at me. "You don't need to be afraid. I only wish to help you."

This woman creeps the heck out of me. So I turned my gaze towards the ground in front of me. "Why?" I asked in response to her words.

"Because I want you to help me." I heard her walking closer. "You see, I've been watching you. And you don't seem happy to be here. I want to rectify that."

"What do you get from helping me?" There has to be some sort of catch. Evil people don't help from the goodness of their heart.

I saw her feet stop before me. They had fins where her ankle bone should be. Little scales glistened under the small rays of light. Has the sun come up already?

I slowly lifted my head until I was staring directly at her eyes. It seems like the woman was around my height.

"There's a way for you to get back home. I'll tell you the secret if you help me get back something the dragon's have stolen from my people."

I knew it. There was a catch.

"I'm not stupid. If I get you what you want, you'll run off with it. This is all a lie so you can use me."

The siren tilted her head. "You're a smart human. Very well, I'll tell you... On the night of the two moons, a dimensional whirlpool opens up in the ocean. I'll gladly take you there if you bring me what I want."

"How do I know it'll take me home? Or that you won't kill me?"

The siren began to back away. "You're a very distrustful human. But I don't lie. And I won't kill y-"

"Kaida!" My name was shouted from behind me while a loud roar came from the skies.

I looked up and saw Zander's red dragon swoop down. He broke trees in order to make space for his large form. A few twigs and splinters made contact with my exposed skin. I shielded my face with my arms, but somehow I still managed to get scraped with whatever flew my way. The harsh wind that Zander created with his wings was strong. My hair whipped everywhere and I had to struggle to keep myself standing up.

Once the wind around us calmed down, Ladon had made it to my side. He grabbed me and pushed me behind him protectively. I peeked around him and saw Zander sweeping the woman up into his mouth.

"Bring the ring made of water, frozen to keep its shape, to me. And I will take you home."

Her voice came as a whisper. One which only I happened to hear.

I clutched the back of Ladon's shirt as I watched Zander clamp his teeth down.

The woman never left her gaze from me. Not even when Zander punctured her body with his sharp teeth. Water oozed out of her and down Zander's neck.

Her eyes, which I thought were hers, popped out of her head and landed on the ground. They rolled close to my feet. It was then I noticed that they were actually eyes that had belonged to a fish.

I looked up again and saw how her entire body had dissolved. What remained was the simple dress. A dress that now laid in pieces on the floor.

That wasn't her true form.

Ladon turned around and asked, "Are you okay?"

His brown, green eyes showed concern. He was genuinely worried about me. I felt touched at the gesture. So I gave him a small smile. "I'm okay."

"What were you doing out here?" Came Zander's voice. He sounded angry as he stormed our way.

I looked over at him, but quickly averted my gaze. He was in his naked glory. Now I'm definitely not okay. That well-toned body of his needs to be covered up. I'll never focus again if I get a good look and mentally photograph it.

But it seems like he doesn't care because he comes close and grabs hold of my shoulders tightly. "You shouldn't go anywhere alone. Something horrible could have happened."

His hands tightened to the point that it started to hurt. I winced a bit. I put my hands on his chest, pushing a bit so he can loosen his hold. Which he did, but he didn't let go.

I focused my gaze on his chest, trying very hard not to look any lower. But his dark skin tone color was alluring. My eyes just wanted to find out if every inch of his body is the same color.

I closed my eyes tightly and shook my head. Why must I think dirty at a time like this?

*** *** *** *** *** ***

A/ N

Posted: 10/7/19

A shout out to everyone who's commented. I laugh and smile with everyone's words. It's honestly a day lifter.

Also to everyone who votes, you guys rock! In total there's over 3k of votes and that blows my mind!

So a B I G thank you to all for cheering me on. 😁❤️