~ 8 ~

~ Chapter Eight ~

It has been a few days now since I've accepted my depressing future with these dragons. But I haven't met another soul.

Why?

Because I have yet to tell Libelle my decision. Not because I still have hope in returning to the world I once knew, but because I needed to regroup my thoughts and feelings.

I was too weak right now. I could just burst into more tears at any moment because I'm simply depressed.

I never once thought that I would go through depression in a situation like this. I always assumed that my heart will get broken by a boyfriend and I'll go through every cliche phase of depression. And my parents will be there for me. My dad will mention about beating up the guy. My mom will give me wise and heart touching advice. Even my sister will probably butt in and say how there's many guys out there and to stop crying over a dead pet fish.

I smiled. Even though they're not here, they still manage to make my mood lighter.

I currently sat on my leaf bed, watching as Libelle picks up my empty plates and goblet onto a tray. My mood, a lot lighter, caused me to stand from the bed and approach Libelle.

She hasn't said much to me in the last few days. She simply watches me wallow in self pity without saying a word. She's letting me go through this alone. To tough up like the adult I'm suppose to be acting. Which I've silently appreciated.

I cleared my throat. "Libelle.. I think it's time I accept my situation." I clutch my hands together in nerves as Libelle stares at me silently. "What I mean is.. Um.. I give u-"

Libelle suddenly hugs me tightly. Her large breasts squeezing the air out of my face. How annoyingly uncomfortable. I let my arms fall to my sides, I couldn't hug her back. I may have accepted the fact that there's no way of going home. But I'm far from calling this place my new home.

This is just the place I will be staying at. A place where I will be able to survive without worrying about dangerous creatures lurking in every corner.

~***~

After Libelle had hugged me, hours ago, she left me to tell Xenon the good news. Before leaving, she said she'd be back for me for dinner. That I will finally dine with the entire dragon tribe.

Since then, I've been picturing the type of people I would be meeting. Will they be nice? Mean? Cold?

I mean I've met a few of the girls who are in charge of laundry and they seem decent. Two are silently respectful. While others try to make nice talk with me like Ruby.

However, I'm not the one making it easy on them by being antisocial.

The women look normal, except for the fact that everyone is tall. I'm a midget compared to most of the women I've come close to. So I strongly believe that everyone else will be the same.

It'll also be the first time that I'll see the men of this place. Besides Xenon of course. But I am curious. Curious to see how different the men are from the women. Are they barbaric looking? Are they all gentlemen? Assholes?

My imagination was running wild when it shouldn't be. I mean, after seeing Libelle and Xenon, I'm sure everyone seems normal. They won't eat me.

I continued to calm myself just as Libelle opened the door. The last words I mumbled out of my lips were, "Don't get eaten." Which, she undoubtedly heard.

Libelle giggled. "No one will eat you. Everything is going to be fine. Now here, I've brought you a new dress."

She held out a floor length, beige dress. It had spaghetti straps to hold it up. There weren't any designs or added accessories. The dress was simple, unlike the dresses I used to see at the mall with my friends.

I took the dress from her and began to change while she made small talk.

"This reminds me of the day I debuted into society back in my time. I had worn a huge blue gown with my hair styled upwards. Only a few strands of curled hair framed my face. My father was more nervous than I." She smiled fondly at her memory.

Did she mention that specifically because it's something similar to my situation now? Am I debuting into dragon society? I mean, I know it was common in older times... The time Libelle had come from.

I don't think I ever really thought about it, but Libelle is quite old compared to me. Therefore, I can't relate to her whenever she speaks of her past life on earth.

So I simply smile at her and follow her out of the room. The new dress I'm wearing is actually comfortable, even though I'm going commando underneath. The fashion sense here is completely animalistic. There's no knowledge of bras or any other type of undergarments. Any man can pull up my dress and rape me easily!

If only Libelle hadn't destroyed my old clothes. I'd have kept my bra and panties, washing them frequently. But she said that my new life needed to start without old reminders.

We walked silently to what Libelle had mentioned; the dining hall. The place where I will be introduced to everyone.

My nerves began to skyrocket as I thought about the dozens of eyes that'll turn my way. Scrutinizing me.

We suddenly stopped by a large opening. I can hear the chatter and laughter from where we're standing.

This is it. I can't turn around and hide away anymore. I need to survive in this unknown world. And I need the dragons. I don't think I want another encounter with an ogre. I shivered at the thought of that disgusting creature.

I took a deep breathe and exhaled slowly. Libelle grabbed my hand and wrapped it around her arm. She gave me an encouraging smile as we began to walk outside.

*** *** *** *** *** ***

A/N

Posted: 5/26/19

So whenever Kaida mentions Earth, she's simply using that term to differentiate the place she's currently at and the place she was custom to. She's not sure if she's really on a different planet or dimension.

Hope that cleared any misunderstandings or questions.

Comment. Vote. & Share! 😊