She screams, for she thought for sure the king and cat would be knocked off balance by the rapid speed, but the spirit merely howls with joyous laughter as they ride in the direction of the mausoleum. Whiskers, on the other hand, is clinging onto his pant leg for dear life. With the wind blowing through her H/C hair, Y/N looks down at the town where she lives. The place looks so small from this high in the sky, and, when she looked out towards the horizon, she could see for miles through the dark of the night. It was all so beautiful. Yet another thing she did not want to end. Noticing how much his queen was loving the ride, Jack couldn't help but slip in a few loops and spins before landing safely on the ground of the cemetery.

"Whoo! That was awesome!" Y/N shouts, almost wanting to do it again, but knows it'll take up too much time. Her legs wobble when she's set on her feet after Jack jumps off, while her hands rake through her messy hair. The two giggle upon seeing each others unkempt looks before the blonde offers her his hand. They head inside with Whiskers stumbling behind and make their way to their lavish seats, but Y/N is unable to sit in her own, since Jack thought he'd be sly and pull her onto his lap. The teen faces him rather than the table as her hands move to push back his wind-blown locks. After they're put in a more descent style, she wraps her arms around his neck, while he puts his hands on her waist.

"How come you can only come out for Halloween?" She questions, hoping to find away around the issue of splitting apart once midnight strikes. Jack hums while trying to think of a good way to explain the situation.

"Well, it's like this." He leans forward some, but not enough to knock her off his lap, to grab four bat-shaped cookies from the table. They all morph their shape into different things: a green, four-leaf clover, a red heart, a decorated, Christmas tree and a pumpkin. Y/N listens intently while watching the demonstration.

"There are spirits for every holiday: a leprechaun for St. Patrick's, Cupid for Valentine's Day," he pauses to give a small groan before continuing, "Chris for stupid Christmas and other winter holidays," he rolls his eyes, speaking Chris' name in annoyance, "and so on. You see, spirits like Chris and Cupid are lucky because they gain so much energy on the day of their holiday and even throughout the year that they can live in the mortal realm as long as they'd like. As long as there's love, Cupid can stay around and those goddamn lunatics that keep up their Christmas decorations all year round help Chris out, plus most countries celebrate some form of winter holiday, so he gets tons of energy. Meanwhile, I'm grouped in with poor St. Paddy, who only has enough energy to last a day with whatever energy we gain." He sighs sadly.

"Not enough people celebrate Halloween, and it's only declining in popularity." He gulps, causing Y/N to worry. "I'm scared because that's the sad truth, and if Halloween becomes so unpopular that barely anyone at all celebrates it, I... I just disappear. So, I made this place to protect me for the rest of the year with as much energy as I can gather to make it last. Here, I'll be safe without having to worry about disappearing in the mortal realm. It's why I don't want you to forget me because I can feel when a person's belief in Halloween goes away or lessens." A look of shock appears in his queen's eyes as a tear steams down his cheek, and she's quick to wipe it away. The action makes his heart flutter as her hands cup his face. His free hand raises to intertwine his fingers with hers.

"I won't let that happen." She smiles brightly. "You're too important to me to forget." She closes the space between them to kiss him deeply, while he holds her tight. Jack gives a sly smile when they pull back to breathe.

"I wanna keep you." He laughs lightly before burying his face against her neck, forcing a giggle out of her.

"I love you, Jack." The spirit's heart races at those beautiful words as he lets out a small laugh.

"I've loved you the moment I laid eyes on you." At that, Y/N rolls her eyes.

"Weirdo."

"Cutie," He retorts, but that wouldn't stop the girl.

"Pumpkin head."

"Sweetie."

"My king," a wide grin appears on her lips upon feeling his heart pounding rapidly in his chest. Silence follows as Jack's face gets redder than the autumn leaves before he giggles.

"Okay, okay, you win." The spirit pulls back some and manifests a caramel apple-flavored lollipop in his hand before holding it up to her lips. "Here's your prize~" without a second thought the teen bites down lightly on the sweet to take it from him before grabbing the stick with a smile. As she enjoys the sweet treat, Jack takes out his golden watch to check the time. Once it opens however his expression drops to form a look of horror. Y/N tilts her head at the peculiar reaction.

"What is it? Did it break or something?" She asks worriedly with her voice slightly muffled by the lollipop. He meets her gaze with apologetic eyes.

"It's past midnight."