Violence

Please Take Me Home

-

Chapter Twenty-Two

-

Violence (Give Me Love)

There were times in Michael's life when he had to backtrack and decide whether one of his memories happened, before Luke or after Luke. Before Luke being before his first day of school and after Luke being when they weren't put in the same class. As stupid as that was, anyway. 

Before Luke, his life obviously wasn't very eventful. As a child - a younger child all that happened was that his mum would leave for work and Michael would be left at home, in the front of the television until his mum came home. 

A pathetic childhood full of negotiation and two minute noodles. Of course his mum had a lot more money now, its just that he had no idea why his mum was out all the time when he was younger but it's not like he could have done anything about it. 

When Michael first went to school, it was plainly obvious that he didn't have the best of things. His shoes were old and almost too small. His clothes were ratty and secondhand, mostly likely hand-downs from his older cousin Jesse, and all the things we owned were either broken from use or because they initially belonged to someone else. 

What a great childhood, right?

It wasn't until Michael became friends with Luke that he started to get new things because of how often he was out the house - and people would talk about Michael being the underprivileged child as he was, so to blend in, Michael may have gotten a pair of shorts or pants and maybe two shirts per season so he had something to wear. 

Michael bought his own clothes now – the money he got from Alex and Jack when he moved away for six months had all gone towards clothes and, uh, other things.

He wasn’t as bad as he was when he had really gotten into smoking pot but with the distraction of where he went on Friday nights, he didn’t have the time (and money) to find his next fix – as much as he was itching for it.

Because of it, Michael was finding it hard sleep at night. Given he never really slept much before, but without it, Michael got little to no sleep during the week.

Fighting helped. It helped a lot. 

The endorphins released while Michael fought, even though he had no idea, helped more than anything. It was like his own supply of the cannabis.

It was stupid right? The way Michael always needed that release. Weed, fighting, cigarettes, Luke…

Well he didn’t have Luke anymore did he? And that girl he was with when Luke walked in on him didn’t fill that void either.