tutor

holy moly thank u so so much for 18k! that's insane<3
written by KittyQuake200 because if i wrote rn i'd have a breakdown:)

"today's assignment is complete the geometry homework elena is passing out currently. if you have any questions or need help, feel free to ask me or any of your classmates who actually know what they're doing." let's be honest, you didn't know shit about geometry and you were too shy to talk to any classmates.

anxiously, you walked up your teacher and asked if she herself could help or get anyone. she suggested the idea of you getting a tutor since she was already piled with students needing help. you hated that idea but she was basically forcing you at this point.

you couldn't talk to students without stumbling on your sentences so you asked her to assign you one. of course, she assigned you the one and only, finn wolfhard. girls would be all over him simply because he was attractive and smart. you, thought he was attractive yes, but you didn't want to be assigned with the most popular guy at school.

you sigh and creep towards where finn sat and held your hands behind your back. "hey, finn.."

"uh, hi.."

"y/n," you say anxiously while fiddling with your fingers. "i'm y/n."

"y/n, nice name." he gave a smile and then lifted an eyebrow for you to continue.

you jumped up and nervously spoke, "uh, so, the teacher assigned us- or you- as my tutor?" you bit your lip nervously, awaiting for him to laugh at you or ask what you meant.

he didn't.

he nodded and the smile remained on his face. "yeah, of course. i can come to your house after school? where do you live?"

a breath of relief escaped your lips and you nodded, giving him your address and awaited for the school day to be over.

•••

despite getting your address, finn had just decided to follow you home like a stalker since you walked home everyday.

"wow, okay, follow me home stalker," you repeated your thoughts and earned a small chuckle from the curly-haired boy.

"yeah, yeah, but it's easier than me struggling to try and find your house."

"you wouldn't have, trust me," you murmured with a sarcastic look. you could already feel yourself becoming closer to this boy you practically just met today but have known for years.

you two arrived at your home minutes later, finn following you upstairs to your room while his head turned to look at photos on you on the wall.

"aw, you were so cute!" he admired before entering your room.

"yeah, i know. what happened."

"hey, don't bring yourself down like that," he replied, stuffing his hands in his pockets while he leaned on your door frame. "you're great."

"yeah, okay, can we just get started with this?" you held up the geometry homework, a bit of irritation in your voice. you didn't know why, you were already getting mad at the boy who was going to help. you sighed and apologized to him.

he came over and sat next to you, a grin finding his clean face. "don't worry about it. let's get started."

after hours of studying, work, and finn trying to continuously stop you from screaming into pillows and ripping the paper to shreds while finn shared many stupid jokes, you two finally finished the entire thing.

"see? it wasn't THAT hard," finn laughed nervously, standing up and gathering his things that were all over the floor.

you rolled your eyes and crossed your arms while standing. "sure."

he swung his bag onto his back and checked his watch. "i've gotta go. it's already six, shit. i'll see you later and hopefully we talk more. you're pretty cool."

"wait, finn." you quickly stopped him, a small shy smile finding your face as you found the courage to say, "thank you. i truly appreciate you coming over to help me with this. it means a lot."

his head shook yes. "it's no problem, happy to help."

you said your goodbyes and you fell onto your bed, knowing you were going to sleep well that night. you had just made friends with the most popular guy at school, and he was your tutor.

follow lexi gn