the one that got away

inspired by, bitches broken hearts by billie eilish aka the love of my life.

i sat on my bed scrolling through instagram, and a post on my explore page caught my eye. a picture of me and him. him as in finn wolfhard. who i thought was the only one that i could love. but i lied, and hurt him. he says he doesnt miss or care about me. yet i wakeup to your desperate texts saying all you want to do is kiss me. "stitch my broken heart y/n" is what he says. i hurt him, i can never forgive myself. i cannot hurt him once more, by texting back or calling him. but being lonely fits me. he was made for begging, but i was not. all these thoughts flow through my brain, consuming me. every now and then it hits me, im the one who did this to him and myself.

i hear two knocks on my front door. i open it up to see him. he holds flowers and a box of chocolate. i look at him from head to toe. he probably hasnt slept in weeks, and genuinely seems unmotivated to do anything. i look at his messy hair, and then his eyes. "im sorry y/n," he said. but what could he be sorry for, i hurt him. not the other way around.

hes lying to you y/n

he has no reason to be sorry

he just wants you back

he doesnt really love you

i feel my eye sting with tears, no i cannot show my weakness. i look him right in the eyes, "im sorry finn. i cannot be with you. all i do it hurt you, i cannot fix your broken heart<' you say, and then close the door leaving him outside in the cool autumn air.

ok idk what this is i was sad and decided to write something lol byee