'What kind of maniac has she been hanging out with? What's with her? I know she's not stupid, and, yet, she's acting like everything's fine. He's probably been manipulating her or something. Maybe tomorrow I can convince her to stop talking to him? That'd make me feel a lot better. For now, I'll just worry about us surviving in one piece.'

"Wait for me," he calls out while sprinting towards the others only to be ignored by the Halloween King as he opens the from door. Jack gives a deep bow to his queen with that same eerie grin while taking her right hand in a light grip.

"Ladies first." Soft lips plant on her flesh as ruby eyes drift to the approaching nuisance. A smirk grows on the blonde's face in satisfaction upon seeing the glare set in the boy's chocolate brown orbs. Oblivious of the exchange of looks, Y/N giggles at the spirit's antics before stepping inside the dark, dusty home.

'How can she stand him? For all we know, we're walking into a death trap.' Nathan just couldn't let it go. At first, Jack seemed okay whenever they had spoken to him over the ouija board, but, now, he realized just how dangerous this entity can be after seeing what lies behind the mask he puts up for Y/N. Creaks sound from beneath their shoes as they enter one by one with Jack coming in last while holding a sinister grin on his lips. At last, he can set his plan into motion. The three look around the large foyer that has a large staircase leading up to the second floor. Moonlight shines down into the space through the skylight whose glass had been broken and scattered on the dirty floor, revealing the intricate woodwork blanketed by cobwebs. Old pictures and covered furniture are covered in a thick layer of dust, while the wallpaper curls at the ends, giving the place a nerve-racking vibe.

 Old pictures and covered furniture are covered in a thick layer of dust, while the wallpaper curls at the ends, giving the place a nerve-racking vibe

Y/N squeals while going back a step after a fat mouse scurries past their feet, standing closer to the nearest male, who happens to be Nathan. Jack was not pleased by this and narrowed his eyes as the front door slams shut hard enough to rattle the house. The humans jump in fright before spinning their heads towards the sealed entryway. Curious, the girl tries to open it again only to find out that the door's stuck. They're locked in.

"Jesus Christ, what now?" Nathan asks, paranoid beyond belief. Y/N slaps his back lightheartedly with a wide smile, causing the teen to jump.

"Calm down. It's just a little spooky fun. It was probably you anyway," she accuses, shining a light on Jack's form using the flashlight he materialized for her earlier when they began their walk in the woods. Each of them has one, and they're colorful too. Her torch's handle is purple, Jack's is orange, while Nathan's is a bright green. The spirit puts on an innocent face while shrugging his shoulders.

"I guess we'll never know." A giggle parts from his lips as he drapes an arm over the girl's shoulders and pulls her to his side, separating her from the other male. "Split up. Maybe then you'll find my little surprise faster. Whoever finds it first gets a special prize~"

"What are we looking for exactly?" Nathan asks with suspicion clear in his voice, causing the king to grin evilly.

"Oh, you'll know when you find it." Laughing to himself, he starts up the stairs. "Have fun, kiddies." And, just like that, he disappears, leaving the unsuspecting humans alone.