Chapter 34

The Generation of Miracles Reincarnated

Chapter 34

It was really frustrating. Yes, Kise had been the last to join the Generation of Miracles and he knew he was possibly never as good as Aominecchi or the others, but it was never fun always being the 'backup'. Just like how it was now.

Kise was just being a decoy for the others to score, running around like some kind of idiot, rarely even being passed the ball. Then again, he should be grateful that he could play, at least. He only had five minutes. Would it really be enough?

Then after this mere five minutes, Akashicchi would take over and play until the match was over. It had always been like that, ever since middle school. Kise would be the extra player, taken out most often, with the exception of Kurokocchi, that is. No matter how often he associated with Kurokocchi, he still could not understand how he could stand being the phantom player, not playing unless needed.

"I can't stand this anymore," Kise muttered under his breath. "I've taken everything so easily but when I'm this helpless, I want to do so much more. So much more to help the team."

Even if no one heard the blonde, they could sense the change in aura around him. The all stared at him, only to see him in a relaxed stance, concentration marring his face. He was clearly in the zone. He was not even moving away from the other SF, so seeing the opportunity to absorb some skills from the blonde, he moved forward.

Kise smirked. This was his first time in the zone. The feeling was just exhilarating. It felt like no one could beat him. So when the other SF moved forward, Kise let him. When an arm touched his by 'accident', instead of letting his skills get absorbed, Kise had a whole rush of information getting into his mind. "Wha…" he exclaimed while the other player had his eyes wide open at not receiving any information. That could only mean one thing: he had overwritten the other.

"I never knew those moves. Thank you for showing me them," Kise said in English as he used a moved he had just learnt to avoid the other. The other SF could only open and close his mouth continuously as he was at lost for what to do.

"Aominecchi! Let me touch you for a while!"

Aomine paused and stared at Kise like he was going sprouts on his head. "WHAT! NO WAY, YOU PERVERT!"

"No, not like that! I want to try something out!"

Kise reached out to touch Aominecchi for a second before pulling away. The moment he caught the ball, he flung it, back facing the hoop as the ball flew in. This was amazing. Not only could Kise copy whatever he saw, if he touched someone, he could obtain that power. Kise then decided to see if there was a time limit.

The opponent immediately member changed, but after going one-on-one with the other, Kise immediately knew that he was not even near the level of the original SF. Kise had scored many more points with Aominecchi's ability, until a minute later when it started to die down.

"Guys, one minute is my limit!" Kise yelled to the others. He then ran over to Midorimacchi and did the same thing. Three-pointers were really amazing, though Kise still thought that dunks were better. He was about to land from a three-pointer when he stumbled a bit.

"Kise-kun, are you alright?" Kurokocchi asked. He had a modified version of the Emperor Eye, so he could somewhat see what his other teammates would do. "Your body still can't take the burden right, Kise-kun?"

"Ahahaha," Kise scratched he back of his head. "Yeah. But Akashicchi can't go up until five minutes have passed! Kurokocchi, may I borrow your power? Then I don't have that much burden on my body." Kurokocchi nodded.

Kise should have known better. Even thought Misdirection did not put a lot of burden on his legs and arms, it depleted stamina very fast if he did not have a natural low presence like Kurokocchi had.

He just had to last until Akashicchi could come up and play. He was really losing stamina fast, so instead, after a minute of using Kurokocchi's power, he just resorted to the powers of the zone, allowing him to move faster and avoid the others.

"Oi, Kise, don't overdo it! If you do, I'm going to ask coach for a member change!" Aominecchi warned. Kise was already starting to exit the zone when the other team called for a member change. The other SF came out onto the court. But at the same time, Akashicchi had also walked into the court.

For once, Kise was glad he could sit on the bench. He did not think that he could last a moment longer with copying so many moves. He had helped his team tremendously. Giving Akashicchi a high five, he whispered, "Akashicchi, be careful and win this match!"

He walked past him and saw his smirk before sitting down onto the bench. Before he could get his bearings, he was glomped by all his other teammates.

"Ahh! Ki-chan is so amazing!"

"Nice job blondy!"

"Whaaa! Kise is so cool!"

At that moment, Kise felt so loved that tears were spilling out of his eyes. "You guys are all so nice to me!" No one even knew how his arms could hug the whole group of people.

"Oi, Kise, you idiot! Get your sweaty body off me!" that was Nijimuracchi.

"Kise, I'd like it if you do not squish me so close to yourself," Mayuzumicchi said that.

"HUH? SO MEAN!" Kise wailed once again.