Decay 8

Sara's POV.

"Oh my God! Zena, how did you know about this place?" I asked as I gaped at the house in front of us. It had taken us about an hour to get here but the house was more than worth the trip. It was the largest mansion I had ever seen, or rather, one of the only mansions I'd ever seen. The house looked as if it had jumped out of an old film and landed here in this devilish hell. A sturdy and large gate surrounded the property. The blockade would be helpful when dealing with attacks from the zombies.

"I had a friend who lived here once. They-they didn't make it," She looked at the ground with a frown on her face, but the frown quickly disappeared, "No one is using it anymore, which means we can!"

"This place is amazing! I want to go inside!" Dray said jumping up and down.

Andy patted his shoulder in an attempt to settle him, "We all do. Quick question, how do we get in the house if there is this gate in the way? Plus, it's chained." Andy pointed to a think, silver chain with a huge padlock.

"We can't go under, nor can we go over; it's too high." Adam said.

Zena laughed, "What would any of you do without me? It's a damn good thing I love my sledgehammer so much."

With that, Zena pulled the sledgehammer out of the backpack she was carrying, -we each had one or two backpacks with us, filled with food, weapons, and other supplies- raised the weapon over her head, and struck the lock causing it to shatter. Teddy untangled the chains and pushed open the gate.

"Zena you are a freaking goddess!" I said with excitement.

Zena nodded, "Always have been and always will be."

We were about to enter when Maxine spoke. "You said your friend didn't make it, which means that they could still be in there, in zombie form. I suggest we all be prepared."

Nodding, we strode through the gate's entrance and up to the porch where the door was located. I tried to open the door but it was locked like everything else the house came with. Adam came up beside me and pushed my hands out of the way.

"Let me." He said. He then lifted his leg and kicked the door. It took a couple of kicks before the door flew open. The inside of this house was gorgeous! The first thing you saw, was the large staircase and the hallways on each of its sides. A large crystal chandelier hung down from the ceiling and expensive paintings covered the crisp white walls.

"Whoa!" Katie exclaimed as she gazed around the foreign home.

Teddy ran up behind her and put his hand over her lips, "Shh. If there are zombies in here we have to be quiet." He whispered.

"We need to split up and check the place out. A group can go upstairs, another to the left hallway, another to the right hallway. There are nine of us, so we can split up into groups of three. Sara, Zena, and I will pick our groups. Sara, you go first." Rand whispered.

I nodded, "Okay. I'll go with Andy and Maxine."

Zena then chose. "Dray and Teddy."

Rand was with the last two. "Adam and Katie, you'll be with me." She said.

"That means Andy and I won't be together," Dray said. "I have to be with Andy."

"Babe, its fine. Just watch your back." Andy said as he kissed Dray's cheek.

"I'll take the left hallway, Rand can take upstairs, Zena can take the right hallway. Good luck everyone and be careful." I said as I walked off with Andy and Maxine trailing beside me.