He'd need to have some replacement clothes handy first, which meant he'd have to go back to the clan House. Hopefully Wellon was lost somewhere and not waiting for him there.

Severance heaved a sigh. He wasn't looking forward to going back there, especially in this state, but it didn't seem like he had much of a choice.

But before that, he wanted to take a look at the skills he'd gained. Just as they'd finished off The Brain—without him dying this time—he'd gained an Intelligent point that had pushed him into Level 24. He'd gotten the notification about unassigned skills, so now that he had a moment to himself, he could look them over.

But the moment the window opened, he stilled. It was the same skills as before, but now there were only three to choose from. He gazed at them, thinking.

Unassigned Skills

Level 24 Skills – Choose one

Amend –heal target for 30% hp. Cooldown: 9* sec

Purify – heal target for 10% hp and gives a PURITY buff for 10 seconds. Healing received is doubled while PURITY is active.

Ionize – call forth the power of lightning to strike your target. Cooldown: 13* sec

*Because you have ≥20 wisdom, cooldown times are slightly decreased.

He'd gotten to pick one at level 22, and now here was again at level 24. If this was the case, was he going to get to choose every two levels? With four skills, that meant he'd probably be able to choose all of them by the end.

His first instinct was to go for Purify, since the added healing capability would be very handy, but if he was able to choose it later anyway...

Severance tapped on Ionize. Why not go for the cooler skills first?

You have learned the skill: Ionize

He smiled. The more lightning he could throw around, the better. The next time he saw Jeffrey, that little freak wouldn't stand a chance.

Now that he ran out of things to procrastinate with, he touched his teleport ring and chose the clan House as his destination.

His world dissolved into white snow. In the time it took to blink once, the snow was already swirling away and he stood in the courtyard of the Veiled House.

The first thing he noticed was that it was night here. That was strange, since it'd still been daytime at Two Bridges. He shrugged, and tilted his head back.

Stars glittered overhead against a backdrop of deep violet. A gentle breeze caressed his cheek and blew through his hair. He lowered his gaze to the dark shape of the House before him.

Glowing blue crystals on either side of the door lit the way. Taking in a deep breath, Severance lowered his chin and strode forwards. It was time to get this over with. All he had to do was two simple things:

Step 1. Change his clothes with no one seeing.

Step.2 Avoid Wellon.

Although, he was pretty sure the teen wouldn't try and kill him now. There'd been no sight of him in Two Bridges, so it was probably just an empty threat.

Severance paused as a new thought struck him.

What if by coming back, all he did was just serve himself up on a platter? Maybe the whole clan would just stand by and cheer as Wellon happily slit his throat.

"Oh my." A vaguely familiar woman stood before him. Her long black braid was flung over a shoulder, silver threaded through the dark strands.

Ever grateful for the floating names, Severance recognized her as Chaaya. She'd been sweeping the courtyard when he saw her last.