♠️Why Did it Have to be Roses?| Popular!America x Hanahaki!Russia♠️

Start from the beginning

Shit.

He'd have to be more careful next time.

▪▪¤▪▪

"Russia? What happened to your shirt?" NATO pried as Russia arrived at his history class late - again. He had made somewhat of a habit out of being late before the stupid Hanahaki Disease decided to show up; so in a way it was convenient when his tardiness was due to his body slowly dying because no one questioned a thing.

"It's paint," Russia croaked, almost physically cringing at how his voice sounded like he had drowned in a pool of cheese graters. "I just had art."

NATO nodded slowly, clearly unconvinced but he turned back to the board anyway and continued writing the day's goal and textbook pages. Russia took that as his cue to take a seat and he shuffled to the back of the classroom to his squeaky wooden chair. America gave him a cheerful wave, a small piece of paper nestled in his hand. Russia felt his breath hitch in his raw throat and it was almost as if all the pain just melted away into nothing as he smiled softly back.

At the start of the year NATO let everyone choose their own seats but quickly ran into a roadblock: all of America's friends wanted to sit next to him, and he had a lot of friends in this class. To combat this, NATO arranged a seating chart and placed Russia next to America because Russia wasn't exactly known to be the most talkative of students due to his introverted nature. America, however, stopped at nothing to befriend this grump of a country and passed him notes frequently during class, often only getting one word answers or even none at all from his desk neighbour.

But America was determined.

That was one of the things Russia really admired about him.

He kept pushing the boundaries and eventually snuck his way into the castle walls and somehow managed to stay snugly in his new spot as Russia's "friend".

Today was no different, Russia observed as America inconspicuously slid the piece of paper over to him. Russia eagerly opened it and couldn't hide the dumb smile on his face.

((Italics: America
Bold: Russia))

Where were you hmm? Finally living out your playboy fantasies??

Russia snickered quietly and scribbled his response in his fairly legible handwriting before sliding it into America's outstretched hand, his heart doing backflips at the feeling of the other's warm fingers gently brushing his skin.

You just wish I was gay so that you could be apart of my infamous playboy exploits

Lol you right, you right. It's such a hard knock life for me over here - none of my attractive male friends are gay!!!

There was a cute little doodle in the corner of a sad/disappointed looking America sighing which Russia found absolutely precious.

So we're friends then?

Course we are! You're probably like the most genuine friend I have lol

Why do you say that?

Out of the corner of his eye, Russia noticed America hesitate before writing out his answer, biting his plump lips with a creased brow.

God he needed to stop paying so much attention to this boy.

Idk man. Ppl are just really fake here it's so dumb. Like if you're gonna be anyone at least be yourself yknow? It's exhausting being someone else.