“That’s what brothers are for.” Jonathan said, squeezing her shoulders.

“Alright, we just have to turn right up here and there will be a staircase up the the outside of the tower.” Malachi said.

But, when they got there, it was a dead end. All the teens slowly turned their heads toward Malachi.

“Macky.” Jasmine started. “We’re lost...Aren’t we?”

“No.” Malachi said stubbornly.

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“Okay fine. We’re lost.” Malachi finally admitted. “But I don’t know how. I memorized the way through the maze.”

“Malachi. How long has it been since you’ve been in the maze?” Jasmine asked, crossing her arms.

“Uuuuh…” Malachi started.

“Yeah. I thought so.” Jasmine said.

“Well, let’s retrace our steps.” Malachi said, trying to act casual.

Eventually they made it to the staircase after Malachi leading them to three supposed locations of the staircase. By the time they finally made it to the staircase it was about 1 o’clock in the afternoon. Then a very embarrassed Malachi led them into the tower. The inside of the tower was very much like the other one, but thankfully this one didn’t have near as many spiders. There were still traps though, so Malachi guided them along the safe path to the spiral stairs leading up into the tower.

The same illusion as in the first tower was painted on the ceiling, but after only a few minutes of climbing stairs Malachi signalled they had made it to the chamber with the stone. He pushed in a brick in the wall to reveal a hidden door and stepped inside. Wysteria’s stomach turned when she stepped inside. It looked like there was only a 100 foot drop beneath her. She gasped and flailed back toward the door of the chamber, clinging to the doorframe.

“It’s alright, Wysteria. It’s just a very realistic painting.” Malachi chuckled, walking over the floor as if the heart stopping illusion wasn’t there, but Wysteria refused to move from her spot until Jasmine dragged her over to the pedestal with the jewel sitting on it.

“It’s so realistic. I feel like my knees are going to collapse.” Wysteria breathed, not daring to speak any louder for fear of the floor collapsing beneath her.

“Don’t worry I gotcha’ Jasmine said, slinging Wysteria’s arm over her shoulder.

“Thanks Jasmine.” Wysteria said, smiling.

Malachi undid the seal on the stone and grabbed it off the pedestal. Then they bolted down the stairs again, ignoring the safe path they had taken before because the traps were deactivated and dodging falling debris from the collapsing tower.