The bump + break up

Ariana slowly opened her sons bedroom door, smiling at the sight she found. Brandon was curled up in bed, hugging his little Stitch stuffed doll to himself as he slept. His blanket had been kicked off a bit in his sleep and she giggled quietly, walking over after taking her heels off and tucking him back in, kissing his forehead gently and then going back to the door.

"Mommy?"

Already out of the room, Ariana stuck her head back in when she heard her sons voice. "Yeah baby? You're awake?"

Brandon sat up in his bed and nodded, rubbing his eyes. "I can't sleep without you or daddy tucking me in."

Ariana couldn't help but smile and she walked in, closing the door behind her. She flicked on a small lamp that was on his dresser and walked over to him, sitting on the edge of his bed. "Do you want me to sing to you?"

Brandon smiled brightly and excitedly nodded. "Yeah!"

Ariana smiled and moved up to lay beside her son at his pillow. She wrapped her arms around him and kissed his head as he snugged into her and paused when she felt something on his head. She took her hand and gently touched where she kissed and felt a bump. Her eyes widened as she flattened his curls and saw it. "Oh my God. Is that a bump?"

"Uh huh. I got it when Uncle Beau picked me up and hit my head on the wall." He quipped, already forgetting the deal he made with his three uncles.

"He did what?! How?" Ari cried in worry, examining him for any more injuries.

"When the fire started." Brandon began to giggle at the memory. "He picked me up and held me high so I wouldn't get hurt but my head hit that." He pointed to the doorway and cuddled into his mother again. "Sing mommy. Please."

Ariana quietly seethed, making a mental note to give Beau a bump on his head once she put Brandon to sleep. "Sure baby.." She rubbed his back gently and softly began singing a song she had written shortly after she and Jai were no more.

"I cried enough tears, to see my own reflection in them. And then it was clear.. I can't deny, I really miss him. To think that I was wrong.. I guess you don't know what you got 'til it's gone. Pain is just a consequence of love. I'm saying sorry for the sake of us.." She paused to take a deep breath and wipe the tears that fell as memories of dark moments came back to her. "He wasn't my everything 'til we were nothing. And it's taking me a lot to say.. but now that he's gone, my heart is missing something. So it's time I push my pride away. 'Cause you are, you are, you are my everything. You are, you are, you are my everything.."

Looking down, she saw that the toddler was completely asleep. With a smile, she slowly got up from his grasp and quickly replaced herself with Scooby, as she had done with Jai.

With one last kiss on his forehead, she began to walk to the door when it slowly creaked open and Jai's head popped in. She smiled at him and quietly slipped out, shutting the door behind her.

"Is he asleep? I was hoping to tuck him in."

"Yeah, he is. You can go in and give him a kiss though, if you want." Ariana replied quietly so she wouldn't wake him up. "Beau gave him a bump on the head, by the way."

Jai winced at the image of his son getting hurt because of his brother. "Sorry." He mumbled quietly. "You have my authorization to punish him anyway you see fit." That earned him a smile of appreciation and a nod of approval from her as he quietly opened the door then paused to look at her once more, whispering. "By the way, that was an amazing song." He quickly slipped into the room and shut the door silently, barely missing the blush that appeared on her cheeks.