Misadventures in Babysitting

While Jai and Ariana were having their risqué swim, Brandon was getting to know his uncles. He sat in between the two boys as they talked to him, however he couldn't stop staring at Luke.

Putting his backpack down on the floor, he glanced at the three year old and smiled. "What?"

Brandon stood on his two tiny feet and grabbed Luke's face, examining it. "You look like my daddy."

With a muffled laugh as Brandon squeezed his face, Luke removed his hands and smiled at him. "So do you. Here, we got you presents."

He turned back to his backpack and opened it before turning it upside down, causing a heap of gifts to fall out to the ground and Brandon to gasp in excitement and jump off the couch to sort through them.

Frankie watched his nephew closely when he saw a shiny object in the heap of presents. His eyes widened and he reached in and grabbed it before Brandon had the chance to. "An army knife?" He exclaimed, looking at the two excited boys on the couch.

Luke looked up at him and frowned, "He's a boy!"

Frankie stared at him in disbelief. "He's three! Do you know--"

"Three and a half!" Brandon yelled from his position on the floor.

"Three and a half." Frankie corrected himself, trying not to laugh before looking back at Luke and Beau who were staring at him. "Do you have any idea what Ariana would do to you if she knew you gave this to him?"

"Dare him to cut his thing off?" Beau snickered, punching his brothers shoulder, causing him to laugh along.

Frankie just sighed with a shake of his head, shoving the knife in his pocket. "How about we just watch a movie, yeah?"

"YEAH!" Brandon screamed, jumping up in excitement then running to the big entertainment unit they had in the living room. He pulled out one of his favorite movies then ran back to Frankie, holding it up for him to see. "Can we watch Wall-E?"

Frankie smiled at him and took the movie. "Of course little man. Go get comfortable. I'll get the movie ready." He watched as Brandon grinned and ran to the best seat in the living room, in his opinion. The exact middle of the couch.

He climbed on and pulled the blanket that was hanging off the back of the couch to his lap and snuggled into it before pouting. "I need mommy to cuddle with."

After putting the movie in, Frankie walked to his seat on the recliner then looked at Brandon. "I know buddy. But she'll be home soon."

Brandon sighed heavily and nodded. "Okay.."

Luke ruffled the little boys hair then got up. "I'll get some snacks. What's a movie without popcorn?"

"Bring me back a soda." Beau told him, kicking his shoes off and putting his feet up on the coffee table.

Luke rolled his eyes then went into the kitchen to do his bidding with an angry grumble about being bossed around.

He came back a minute later and threw the can of Diet Coke at Beau then threw himself down on the couch, watching the movie.

"Where's the popcorn?" Beau asked as he opened the can and glanced at his brother

Luke opened his own can and threw another to Frankie then handed a Capri-Sun to Brandon before answering him. "Microwave."

His brother nodded and they all started watching. It was fifteen minutes later when they heard the doorbell ring and they all groaned in annoyance.

"I'll get it." Frankie sighed and stood up, keeping his eyes on the screen as he went to the front door. When he opened it, he was immediately pushed aside by a very unhappy, and angry Ivy Michaels.

"Where is he?" She demanded, looking around the foyer for her boyfriend.

Frankie stared at her in shock and confusion, shutting the door. "Where's who?"

"Jai, you idiot." Ivy snapped, putting her hands on her hips. She was wearing another ridiculous outfit. Extremely short jean shorts, a tank top, and a beanie. At least she was wearing boots.

Hearing her voice, Luke and Beau looked at each other in shock and worry, quickly getting off the couch and going into the foyer, leaving Brandon alone, although he didn't seem to notice as he was too invested in the movie.

Hearing footsteps, Ivy turned around and glared at the Brooks brothers. "There you two are! Where the fuck is your brother? I went to your house and he wasn't there, and he isn't answering his phone."

Luke looked at Beau, trying to figure out what to tell her, then back at Ivy, thinking of something.

"He's out planning you a surprise." He grinned in triumph at his idea, not noticing the angry look on Frankie and Beaus faces directed at him.

Ivy stared at him in speculation, crossing her arms. "A surprise? What kind of surprise?"

Beau quickly jumped in before his brother could do anymore damage. "Well if we told you it wouldn't be a surprise, would it?"

She let a little smile curl onto her face, tucking her hair behind her ear. "I guess not." She cleared her throat and straightened her back, her face taking on a cold stare again. "Well then. Tell him I'm extremely angry at him and for him to call me." With that, she left the house with a loud slam of the front door.

The three boys stayed silent as they stared at one another before Frankie's eyes narrowed and he frowned. "Do you.. do you guys smell something burning?"

Luke and Beau sniffed the air before Luke's eyes widened in realization and he ran into the kitchen.

"Fuck! My popcorn!"

xxxxxxx

"I had an amazing time tonight Jai." Ariana smiled at her date as he walked her home later that night since they hadn't taken his car.

Jai smiled back and looked down at the asphalt. "Yeah, me too. We should do it again sometime."

"I'd like that." Her smile got even bigger.

He looked at her and grinned, reaching out and taking her hand in his, squeezing it. Not being able to help himself, he stopped her from walking and leaned in to give her a kiss on the lips.

Ariana smiled and she closed her eyes as their lips met, sighing contently against him. They pulled away after a while and continued their walk with huge smiles.

However, Ariana's smile dropped when they arrived and she saw a fire truck and police cars surrounding her house. Gasping in horror, she dropped Jai's hand and ran the last block while he ran after her. "What happened!" She screeched at Frankie when she reached them. He was speaking to one of the officers when she came over and started to hit his arm.

"Hey, whoa, relax Ari!" He quickly grabbed her tiny hands and looked into her worried eyes. "Everything's fine. Luke forgot about his popcorn in the microwave and it started a small fire."

"Where's Brandon?"

"Hey, chill." Beau interjected from beside Frankie. "He's fine. We put him to bed a little while ago."

Jai ran up to them and looked at his two brothers in confusion as Ariana ran into the house to check on her son. "What are you two doing here?" He asked breathlessly.

Luke smiled at him. "We came to see Brandon. By the way, your girlfriend stopped by."

Jai's face fell, glancing at the front door to see if Ariana heard the word "girlfriend". "Why? What happened?"

Beau shook his head as the officers walked away and Frankie went after his sister. "She came looking for you. Luke told her you were planning a surprise for her." He threw a glare at the former who just smile in response.

"What?" Jai said in exasperation. "I'm breaking up with her!"

"Well. That'll be a surprise, now, won't it?"

xxxxxxx

Well that was a fun chapter to write haha. Sorry that there wasn't much Jariana but I thought it would be nice to have some uncles-nephew time in the story😊 but the boys are idiots lmao.