Chapter 2

AN: hi :)

*

"Just in time boys, here are your dorm keys. Keep them safe, and good luck!"

The grey haired woman gave them a last quick nod before leaving. Liam and Louis took both their bags and headed to their dorm. Number 22 was written on the tag, the only keychain attached to the simple bronze key. The fact that they had to walk at a slow human pace annoyed Louis beyond belief. This summer he had again gotten used to doing whatever he wanted, how he wanted. But now, surrounded by innocent humans, he couldn’t do anything that would even reek of supernatural behaviour anymore. He had to act normal, human, or he might break the code and attract hunters.

Hunters were practically the only humans who knew about the existence of vampires. More importantly, they were the only one who knew how to kill one. Vampires were practically immortal, kept young by blood as nourishment. But although blood was very important for vampires, a lack of it wouldn’t cause death.  Yes, the vampire would get very weak and it would drive them crazy, but it won’t kill them. Killing one was much more difficult and complicated.

After what seemed a century, -but let’s be honest what is a century according to an immortal- the two vampire boys finally arrived at room 22.

Louis was fidgeting with the key in the lock, trying to open it, when Liam spoke up with a low voice.

"There’s someone in there."

The shorter one immediately interrupted his actions to prick his ears. Liam had been right. Louis too could not only clearly hear a heartbeat, but also other noises: the ruffling of clothes, for example, and music, blasting out of headphones. What was this person doing here?

"That’s odd", he proclaimed.

"Well, it’s probably just a mistake. Let’s find out." Liam answered, gesturing him to continue  his efforts in opening the door.

As they both got in they were met with the sight of a bloke bending over a black bag that was laid on an added third bed. He had tall yet muscular build with a head of fluffy chocolate coloured curls. His beauty was undoubted, but that wasn’t what had intrigued Louis from the first moment that the blue eyed vampire had taken a step in the room. It was the boy’s smell.

The odour spread through the whole chamber. His scent was unique, like nothing Louis had ever smelled before. Not the sweet, floral or fruity scent most of the girls had, nor the musky, spicy, or salty one that most boys had. He felt a completely new sensation, and therefore couldn’t identify it. Louis’ attempts to describe the fragrance to himself didn’t come further than deeming it as the smell of pure, melted gold, or the translation to scent of a newly turned butterfly. The only thing Louis was certain of was that it smelled more than just delicious, better than any other human he’d ever met. He couldn’t even find a word that was worth enough to describe it.

The intriguing boy turned around the moment that Liam closed the door behind the two of them. His warm brown eyes locked with theirs. The three lads all kept staring at each other until Liam cleared his throat as he tried to cut the tension that had recently came up.

"I thought this was a double room?" He asked confusedly, while eyeing the third bed.

"Well, uh, yeah. It used to be, I think…" The boy stuttered, "but apparently there are too many students this year, so the school fucked up the dorm arrangements and added an extra bed in every room."

When he saw that the intruders were still confused he added, “Haven’t you heard the speech of the principal? Apparently he kept rambling about how growing is impossible without change and that we all have to make sacrifices and –wait, I’m probably rambling myself now, aren’t I?”

His cheeks turned scarlet from embarrassment. He eventually plastered a big smile on his flustered face and extended his hand toward them.

“Well, I’m Harry, and apparently your brand new roommate.”