Aspen muttered, "That was the only way to mark him as mine."

Nadia frowned. "What did you mutter?"

It was then I realised that my hearing was much enhanced that this vampire. Perhaps that pulsar in me was waking up.

"Nothing," she said.

"That was the only way to mark him as yours?" I asked, glad that my cerebellum was working perfectly fine to catch the mug with my left hand that my right hand was about to drop.

For the first time, I saw this female blush. "Lyra!"

"Explain me," I said, placing the mug on the table next to me.

The red tint intensified on her face. "I... used to have these dreams about him. Ever since I saw him, I was drawn to him. He was oh so handsome and... hot. Even with my ex-mate I never had these strong feelings. Yes, he infuriated me, but guess what? I wanted more. I did not know when the lines blurred, but now I don't see him as someone who was sent to annoy me."

With that... she rubbed her face furiously. As much as she was embarrassed, her answer put my mind at ease. At least now I knew that my Delta would be in good hands.

Nadia whistled. "I know that Miguel is hot and handsome and super sexy when he trains-"

Aspen snarled and her hands morphed to her wolf as she held Nadia by her neck. "What did you just say?"

Nadia tried to pry her friend's hand from her throat. "I told you the truth in your face. Want me to say this behind your back and try to catch his attention?"

Aspen released Nadia. "Try that see. The second you decide to try will be your last day."

I bit my lips. I never saw Miguel as handsome or even hot. Was he attractive? Yes, I will give that shifter that. Was something wrong with me?

"Let me finish," Nadia grinned. "So... you had dreams of him doing you?"

Aspen crossed her arms and turned away. Even though she did not answer verbally, her body did. The scent of arousal was indeed heavy in the kitchen.

"Naughty, naughty," Nadia teased. "Did you even try to... perhaps make those dreams real?"

Aspen snorted and exasperated. "Why did you think I suddenly went on a shopping spree yesterday with Zahra? That male is a damned fool! He can't take a hint! He shares his room with me, but you know what? He does not even sleep in the bed with me. He takes the mattress to the floor or sleeps on the couch. Not even a cuddle! I wonder who marked whom. It's like he marked me. I am like a wanton."

I definitely could not laugh. I knew how I was when Aries left me after he kissed me for the first time. Frustrated. Hot-mess.

But apparently, Nadia did not know how it was to be in that situation. She began to laugh. So much that she clutched her stomach as she hit the table with her fists.

The kitchen housed no one apart from us this morning, but Nadia with this laugh would invite everyone.

I could patiently sip my coffee to see what was happening.

Something amusing? Aries asked in a lazy tone.

The males in my pack were out with Varian.

Just... Aspen, I replied. She is...

No better than Miguel here, Aries commented. And that guy said I was whiny when we separated.

What do you mean? I asked. Aspen was glaring at her friend.