Ignoring the King

This is what Nyla will be wearing during this chapter which will be explained further down. I also just wanted to say that my other book, 'Everything', had just reached 6.2k reads and I am so excited as it is a completed book so I did not expect it to grow. So if you like this book, you'd love my other book as well! Anyway, I just want to thank you for being patient, I know it has been a couple of months since my last upload but you have to wait for good things! I also edited all of the earlier chapters so they are easier to read :))))))

Nyla P.O.V

Yet again did I have to wake up early to start the pack chors but this time I woke up at 3 am, because the Alpha King is here and I cannot be seen. Wait... The Alpha King saw me last night, we're mates... What am I going to do?

Whilst contemplating all the life issues, I had no choice but to wear very dirty clothes from the last 3 weeks as today is washing day. Only once every 3 weeks am I allowed to 'waste' water to clean my clothes. It is not even that much. I own just 3 shirts and 3 sweatpants which is not even a full load of washing. I change into a very dirty white shirt and black sweatpants, how attractive, I know. It doesn't matter anyway because who could find an ugly girl like me pretty?

I walk up to my door about to leave my 'room' when I see a large figure blocking my exit way. Oh no, is it one of mothers men? I try to be as discrete as I can, but it is very hard when the floors are timber and squeak none stop. Great now every wolf in this house is going to wake up because of the tiniest squeak. 

I manage to make it to the stairs and I put distance between myself and the strange man that was sleeping outside the door. For some reason, it looked like the Alpha King, but there is no way that could be him, I'm not worth his time and I'm surprised he hasn't rejected me by now. Maybe it is a sick game to him?

I begin walking down the stairs and revise everything that needs to be done. I can never forget one thing, I had done that once and let's just say that everyone got involved. That may have been one of the worst days of my life. Which says a lot because my life sucks and I'll admit that.

I have been cooking and cleaning now for almost 2 hours and to say that everything aches are an understatement. It's a shame that I don't even get a little bit of the food that I make. I am starting to plate up the food when I hear the slightest squeak from upstairs. Paranoia kicks in and I freeze hoping they will just pass by and not mess with me.

I hear the squeak move towards the stairs and I hear my heartbeat outside of my chest. I smell him before I see him and know exactly who it is. The Alpha King, my mate. I try to hide but it's too late, he saw me. 

Kayden P.O.V

I had been sleeping outside of Nyla's door when I smell her scent coming from downstairs. That is very strange, I look at my iPhone X and see the time is 6 am and normally wolves do not wake up until 9 am. I walk down the stairs and see my mate setting the dining table. What is she doing? 

I had caught her attention and she gasps while trying to get away from my gaze. Not again, I charge after her and catch her. I needed answers as to why my mate is bruised all over and is setting a dining table at 6 am. Although, I needed to be wary of her so she does not shut me down again like last night.

I looked down at my beautiful mate and said 

'My dear darling, what are you doing up at this ungodly hour setting the dining table'

Worry just consumed her facial expression as she contemplates something in her head. She is still not looking at my eyes, only at the ground. She does not seem to have much confidence with herself, which upsets me because she is absolutely gorgeous. I ask her the same question again and she says

'I could not sleep and wanted to do something nice for my mum'

Nyla P.O.V 

That took so much in me to not say it with venom, she has never done anything nice for me. I needed to get myself out of this situation and fast because I don't know if I can keep lying to him. I was looking at the floor the whole time because he is much higher than me and I would not want a beating from an Alpha King for being disrespectful. 

I escaped the thoughts inside my head to realise that he was now looking at my clothes. He looks very enraged at the moment and it is really scaring me. Shit.

Kayden P.O.V

I knew she was lying to me and it hurt, but I think there is more to this situation then I know. I looked at the clothes she was wearing and almost lost it. What is she doing wearing dirty old clothes? I could tell she was scared of me at the moment, I am just confused and mad as to why she isn't provided clean clothes.

I asked her

'Sweetheart, why are your clothes dirty?

She bit her lip and said 

'I went outside for a run'

Nyla P.O.V 

Lies, I haven't been able to shift in years as I've always been too weak to shift into my wolf. I barely even hear her anymore which made my moods worse. He looked even madder and had grabbed my hand whilst walking towards my Alpha's room. No no no no, please not him. I tried to resist and run away but it was no use, my mate's eyes were red and nothing could stop him.

One thing is for sure, I am not going to survive tomorrow.

Goal of reads - 400

Next Chapter - TBA

Y x