8: Whispers and Theories

I wake to the smell of bacon and that in itself is enough to make me get up, but when I remember what today is, I get up faster than a dog with his tail on fire.

I dash to my closet pulling out the outfit I had thought up last night. A pair of dark ripped jeans rolled up to my ankles, my red converse, and an oversized white v neck shirt. Casual. I head to my bathroom and straighten my long dark hair until it hangs at its full length at my waist.

I brush on mascara and a little eyeliner after putting on a little concealer and blush. I sling my dog tag around my neck and adjust the hoops climbing up my ears.

Slinging my bag over my shoulder and grabbing my phone, I see I have a message.

Matt: I'm taking you to school, I'll be there in ten.

I reply with an okay, good thing Sam had to cancel on us riding together and hanging out today, but I start to freak out when I see that I received it seven minutes ago. I quickly brush my teeth and practically run down the stairs.

I grab some bacon and hug my mom, before heading to the door. I see Matt's car pulled up to the curb, and it reminds me I have a car now, why does he need to drive me? Nonetheless, I skip down the porch steps and head to his car.

After settling my bag between my legs and buckling myself into the comfy leather seat, I turn to look at Matt. His hair is in a messy windswept look, but it looks natural. He has on a tight fitted white t-shirt and dark jeans. I realize with a blush that we match. Again.

"You know I do have a car.?" I give him a look, he starts the car and pulls away from the curb. "Also how is my brother getting to school?" It hits me then, how is he getting to school?

"Calm down Cam, I'm just being nice, and that doesn't happen often so enjoy it. And my mom is taking him and Abby to school on her way to work." I narrow my eyes slightly but when I see he isn't lying I turn my attention back to the road.

"So what should I expect today?" I glance his direction, as we pass through town.

"Well besides being undressed with guy's eyes, you'll have to watch out for the main bitches, er... I mean the cheerleaders. The jocks as well." I gape at his first comment.

"And you aren't a jock?" I know he isn't exactly a golden boy, but I know he's the to die for boy in his town.

"Sweetheart, they wish they were me." With a smirk, he sends me a wink before returning his attention back to the road. I can't help but scoff. Cocky much?

As the school comes into view I start to feel the nerves that had been absent. And boy did they return with a bang. It feels like I have a herd of elephants in my stomach.

I had come here during the last couple weeks and toured the campus, but I won't be able to get my schedule until today, so I still might get lost.

"Hey calm down Cam, we are all here for you." His voice surprises me with the amount of sincerity I can hear in it. I glance his way before mumbling thanks as we pull into a space close to the front doors.

Students mill around the parking lot, leaning against cars and laughing with their groups of friends. I feel even more lost as Matt opens up his door and climbs out of the car. All heads turn his way, and that's when it hits me how much everyone knows him, or of him.

Well maybe jealousy and lusting for him are better words, but still.

I take a deep breath, drop my phone in my backpack and open the door.

Now all eyes are on me as I climb out of the car and shut the door behind me. I hear gasps and whispers as Matt sends me a smirk before nodding his head to the left. I glance over and see his group, and spotting Dallas smiling my way. I return the smile, swinging my bag over my shoulder and heading towards them.

I walk beside Matt as we make our way across the parking lot and when we finally reach them, I'm pulled into a tight hug. Now, this isn't my first time being crushed to Dallas in a hug, it's kind of his thing, but I feel a blush creeping up my cheeks since I know everyone is still watching. I think that's exactly why he did it.

I walk into my first class with Dallas at my side. After I got my schedule from the office, I found out I have one class with Dallas, two with Matt, two with Jake, and unfortunately, one which happens to be P. E, with platinum Barbie. Yippee.

The first period is history, so I take a seat in the middle of the class and Dallas sits next to me, I glance at the board and see that today will only be used as a day to get assigned our history books.

Mr. Washington walks into the room, yeah ironic right? And takes a seat behind his large wooden desk in the comer of the room.

He starts to call role, but I'm focused on the whispers surrounding me about the new girl, and how she managed to already be with the 'it' group. If only they knew how truly dorky their so called "bad boys" are.

Most theories revolve around me seducing Matt and Dallas and let me tell you some people get way too detailed. But others are closer to the truth.

Such as the girl's theory sitting beside us, she says she heard that I'm Matt's new neighbor, true. That we became friends, hmm mm.... true. But here's where it takes a turn for the worst, that we had felt an instant love connection and were secretly dating, ugh false.

Then I hear one that makes me laugh out loud and earns me quite a few strange looks.

The boy in front of us apparently heard that I was a feisty one and that when I didn't fall at Matt's feet, his ego took such a blow, that the only reason I hang out with them is I felt pity for him and decided to grace them with my presence. Guess that's pretty close to the truth.

Dallas looks at me funny when I start laughing, so I lean into his ear and tell him what I heard.

Soon his laughter is outshining mine, only causing more people to turn our way.