6:Doorbells and Luck

I feel someone shaking my arm, but what really wakes me up is the smell of food.

"Come on Cameron! mom says we can't eat until you come down." I open my eyes and see my brother standing looking down at me. That's when I realize my neck has the worst crick I've ever felt. I groan as I stand up and rub my neck.

"What were you doing in the window anyways? Stalking the boy next door?" he smirks and I give him a little push as I make my way to the stairs.

"Ha, yeah you're one to talk!" I send him a sweet smile and I see him blush. "Tyler's got a crush! Tyler's got a crush!" I sing as I run down the stairs with him chasing me.

"Oh, you're gonna get it!" He yells just as I skid into the dining room.

"On hush you two, it's time to eat and the news is on." I stick my tongue out at Ty before sitting down and fixing a plate.

"So, when are you going to ask her out?" I ask after I swallow a mouthful of fried chicken. Ty starts to choke on his mash potatoes, mom looks between, I start to laugh, and then the doorbell rings. We all fall dead silent.

Who could be ringing our bell at 6 o'clock at night, we don't even know anybody.

I sigh before standing up, "I'll get it." wiping my mouth with a napkin I scoot my chair back and head to the front door.

It rings again right when I'm opening the door. I open it to a startled teenage boy, who was obviously trying to ding dong ditch us by the scared expression on his face and the quiet giggles I here from behind the car parked at our curb.

"I think you are supposed to be gone when they open the door," I say and lean against the door frame.

"Uh, yeah...... sorry." he says quickly before bolting to the car.

Sighing I'm about to turn back inside when I hear giggles from next door.

Turning I see a rumpled looking platinum blonde, who looks suspiciously like the one from the bowling alley. Her hair is crazy and her scarce clothes are askew. I see an equally messed up Matt waving from the door and I realize with a start what they had been doing.

I'm not one of those prudes who thinks kissing is of the devil or anything like that, but I am a virgin. And proud of it. And It's not because no guys have tried their luck with me, but I've seen too many people who are close to me destroy their lives because of teen pregnancy. So I say why take the risk.

I wrinkle my nose before spinning back around and slamming the door behind me.

When I reach the kitchen I see my half empty plate, but suddenly I've lost my appetite.

"Thanks for supper mom, but I think I'm going to go to bed. Love you." I pick my plate up and after putting my leftovers away I head upstairs.

Reaching my room I shut the door behind me and plop onto my bed. I check my phone and find I have some Instagram notifications.

I have 4 new follow requests, and I see that I'm tagged in a picture and mentioned in a comment.

I accept the friend requests that happens to be from Matt, Abby, Jake, and Dallas, before clicking on the photo. I find it's of me and Matt bowling, well I'm bowling and Matt's looking at me. That's funny, I don't remember that. I see that Dallas posted it and laughs at the comment which reads, "Ron here, whooped little Mattie's ass, I don't even think I could beat her."

I comment back, "I know you couldn't", and drop my phone on my bed before heading to the bathroom.

I wash my face, brush my hair and my teeth before entering my room again. My phone glows from its spot on my bed. I flip the lights off before jumping onto my bed and opening my phone. Snuggling into the covers and laugh at Dallas's reply.

"You're on, Ron. (hey, that rhymed)"

Man the men in their little clique need to work on their bad ass attitudes, or else people are going to start mistaking them for the girl's tea club.

"Better start saving up your luck, you're going to need it." Is my simple reply.

Who knew it applied to me as well.