The Knoxes

Quick Author's note: I know the Chapter title sounds dumb, but I wanted Virgil's last name to be Knox and that the plural form of it...

(Virgil's POV)

By the end of dinner I was ready to see my parents. Roman was great the entire time and Missy and Pranks helped, but I couldn't shake the nausea in my stomach from the fact that Roman's parents didn't like me. First of all I wasn't a female, but I don't think the way I acted helped. Aside from me claiming their son, I was quiet most of dinner, so they definitely hate me.

As we walked out of the restaurant and the Drakes said their goodbyes, I felt relief wash over me. It's been forever since I've seen my parents and I could use a dose of parental love that wasn't from Patton. We got in the car and everyone seemed to sink into their seats.

"Well that was a clusterfuck," Missy sighed, "But it wasn't a failfuck," she added.

"Princess, what does that even mean?" Pranks looked at her and seemed to be trying to hide a smile.

"It means it was a mess, but it could have gone worse," she explained.

"Oh, I should have known."

"Yeah, I mean it was pretty self explanatory," she smirked at him.

"Sorry I've never heard the term failfuck," Pranks put his hands up defensively.

Roman let out a shaky laugh, "Ya know it's a good thing you two are here. Pretty sure Virge and I would both be crying by now otherwise."

"He's not wrong," I agreed.

"Just because I love you guys," Missy smiled sweetly, "Now let's go watch a musical!"

"Yeahhhhh," Roman said with minimal enthusiasm and began to drive away. We didn't bother playing music, as it was only a short drive to the theater, instead, we listened to Missy and Pranks argue over who's food was better. I thought Missy's sounded better, but who am I to judge.

We got there early.  Roman had to get there early to make sure everyone was ready to go with the performance. 

"Save me a seat?  I'll be back out in a bit," he promised.  I nodded and he bent down to kiss me before disappearing behind the curtain.

"You two are disgustingly cute," Missy crossed her arms.

"Just sickening," Pranks chuckled and hooked an arm around Missy's waist.

"Hypocrites say what," I muttered under my breath.

"What?" They answered in unison and Missy tilted her head.

I smiled in satisfaction and left to go get our tickets.  Roman, of course, got us all the best seats in the house.  We waited for about ten minutes before Roman came back out. It was only 7:30 and the show didn't start until 8:30 so there weren't many people here yet, but they'd be showing up soon. I told my parents that it started at 8 so we'd have time to meet and catch-up before the show. They should be here any minute.

Five more minutes passed and Roman got called backstage again. After he left I started watching the doors, anxiously glancing at them every few seconds. Then there they were. Mom and Pop, Juniper and Doug, Mr. and Mrs. Knox. I scrambled out of my seat and basically crawled over Missy and Pranks to get to the door. This was extremely out of character for me because I'm not huge on physical contact (Roman excluded) and I do not run, but I got up the aisle as fast as my stupid, short little legs could carry me and threw my arms around the both of them.

"Jeez Virge! You ok?" Pop asked.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine, just glad to see you," I said and stepped back from them.