Day at the Fair (Part One)

Hey guys! WARNING THIS IS A LONG CHAPTER! I did not intend for it to be this long, but IT IS! So grab some snacks and get ready for a wild ride!!! If you make it to the end of this chapter I APPLAUD YOU! It is a chapter of extreme fluff and feelings and I got carried away!!! I'm sorry.

(Logan's POV)

Patton and I made our way down the sidewalk to the festival. We walked in silence for the first few minutes. I couldn't bring myself to say anything after the incident at the library. My coworkers had practically told the whole world about their "ship". The idea was ridiculous and had no grounds to stand on, but I was still a bit embarrassed by the situation. I didn't want Patton to think that I had developed feelings and make our comradery uncomfortable. I walked with my hands shoved in my pockets. Out of my peripheral vision I saw Patton fidgeting with the sleeves of his flannel, which was now tied around his waist leaving him in just his white t-shirt. I was about to say something, when the slightly shorter man looked up at me.

"Listen, Logan I'm sorry," I cringed. I turned my head to look at him, bracing for him to reject my nonexistent feelings. "for yesterday, I really should have been a better friend," I blinked and stopped in my tracks, surprised. The emotional man looked down in what seemed to be shame.

"What?" I asked, still not fully understanding the apology. Behind his glasses, Patton's eyes seemed to be watering up. He covered his face with his hands and shrank where he stood.

"I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have left! You trusted me, and I didn't say anything to help you," He was sorry? For yesterday? I was the one to apologize.

"Patton you have nothing to apologize for," I said, trying to sound sincere but failing. I began to walk again, and Patton scrambled back into step behind me, "I owe you the apology, not the other way around."

"What do you mean? I was a terrible frie-" I cut him off.

"No, you were not a terrible anything. I should not have burdened you with my less than pleasant family background," I never looked at Patton and continued to watch the sidewalk ahead, but I felt his gaze on me. "Is there something else I should say? Or do? I'm sincerely sorry for making you upset," I looked at him. He looked shocked, or horrified, or sad. I'm not entirely sure, I'm not the best at feelings.

"Logan, you shouldn't feel that talking to people is wrong or a burden. We're meant to rely on people as humans. It's part of our nature; you should know that with all the books you read," he gave a lopsided smile, "I'm glad you felt able to talk to me. Just accept my apology and I'll be more than happy to leave it as that, but if you ever need to talk again or want to I'll be there,"

I felt a smile tug on my lips as I gave my answer, "If you'll accept my apology," his lopsided smile turned into a grin as he added a bit of hop to his step.

"We'll be mutually sorry and mutually glad to have each other," I huffed a laugh at his giddiness. The park entrance came into view, the gate covered in balloons and streamers and a clown stood handing out balloons. I grimaced at the sight of the man, but Patton squealed and sped up to greet him. "Logan hurry up!" he waved at me to come over before beginning to chat with the costumed figure. I chuckled and shook my head, but quickened my pace a bit. Once I was at Patton's side the clown greeted me. I extended my hand, which he took and shook for and unnecessarily long time.

"Hey kid you scared of clowns?" he asked me with a grin underneath an already painted on grin.

"No." I said hesitantly.

"Then why ya shakin'?" he exclaimed with an obnoxious 'HA!' afterwards. I blinked, but Patton bubbled with giggles which escalated to loud laughs. The absurd clown let go of my hand to give Patton a high five. Shakin', shaking, I was shaking, I was shaking his hand. I understood the ridiculously childish joke. I blew out a breath and adjusted my glasses as I cringed.