I hurried to the car and got in the passenger seat. I should have known. Carter over her was having a fit of laughing.

"Everything's a fvcking game to you." I said irritably.

He placed his hand on my bare thigh, giving it a soft squeeze.

"To ensure your ass wouldn't run again. And that shît was sexy and funny."

I scoffed and brushed his hand off my thigh.

"Are we going back to the penthouse?" I queried, changing the subject.

"Nah. We heading to a place of mine in Tampa." He responded as a backed out of the driveway.

"Tampa?"

"Tampa Florida."

Why is he going all the way to Florida? I didn't understand.

"How many places do you own?" I queried.

I was hoping to get a little bit of info out of him.

"Many in different departments." He answered as he backed out the alleyway and drove down the street.

"And what type of departments?"

He looked my way out the corner of his eye before paying his full attention on the road.

"Just know your staying with me in a house down there."

I let go of that subject and went on to a different subject. "Will you ever let me go?" I asked and he opened his mouth but I said something quickly.

"Honest answer, Carter."

He was silent for a moment. "Eventually."

I sighed. "Do I have to change my hair again?"

"No. If you want you can. It's your hair."

"Obviously." I rolled my eyes.

Tampa, here we come.

****
UNKNOWN

"Dammit, Troy!" I swiped everything off my desk angrily.

This fool has made me look weak many times. False claim on ordering my men to shoot up a warehouse and now there is a witness I need to take care of.

"I gave you specific instructions." I exhaled heavily.

"He had Tiana-"

"She was fine with him. Your dumbass got caught on purpose, putting Monica and yourself in deeper shît. The hell were you thinking?!"

Troy sighed. "I guess I wasn't. Look, Tiana sees me as her protector and her role model in case you haven't noticed."

I chuckled. "That's what you think. I highly doubt she sees you as that, given your uncalled shoot out. I hear she was there tied up leaving her to do what?" I said with a raised brow.

He shut his eyes tightly. "Dammit. I wasn't thinking at the time. I tried to get to her but Carter got to her before I could."

I rolled my eyes. "Does it matter? You still put her in grave danger and that pissed me off."

"It was a mistake and it won't happen again."

"Make sure it doesn't." I say.

"But there's still a question that remains." Troy said.

"That is?"

"Why keep Tiana around for so long?"

"You really are blind, son." I commented before continuing. "Carter Maso is known for not having a heart but you can't deny the attraction between Tiana and Carter."

"Attraction. Tiana would never find someone like him as attractive."

I chuckled. Damn fool.

"Carter would find a girl like her attractive. Tiana's bold and she's a fighter."

Troys frown deepened. "Right. After all those girls he killed, he chooses Tiana for his keep."

I sighed in irritation. "No, man. Now that he has a face to the name and he knows your her brother, that makes her a key. You may not know it Troy but that man be steps ahead in the game."

Troy was quiet for a moment. "What are we going to do?"

"First, I have to clean up the shît you caused today. Then we take our time to think this one through. You had already ruined plan one."

"What about-"

"Your sister is in good hands for now. We'll get her back. Babygirl will be surprised to see me." I smirked.

_______________
Thoughts on Tiana.

Thoughts on Carter.

Their going to Tampa, Florida.

Thoughts on Troy.

Who is Unknown?

TeamTiana/ TeamCarter