Elodie: This is a Fantastic Plot Twist

Gwen and I stopped for lunch. By stopped for lunch, I mean we stole some bread and fruit. Hey, we've got to eat, especially after running for our lives for like the fifth time that day. I think Gwen and I need a vacation. 

"So, Elodie. Explain to me how the actual kriff we got out of there alive." Gwen said, rubbing her head. She'd told me she was fine, but it was obvious that her head hurt. Maybe she even had a concussion. 

"Okay. Funny story. The leader of that little group? That's my aunt." I said, taking a bite of bread. Gwen groaned. 

"Does she have anything against you? Wait, no. She's trying to kill you so yes. Your family is really messed up."

"Tell me about it. Anyway, she let us go. I have no idea why."

"Maybe she's not that crazy."

"Mandalorians are crazy. It's a fact."

"I'm looking at a less crazy one."

I laughed. She smiled, but then winced. I finished my food and then stood up, ready to keep running. 

"There you are," an armored Mandalorian man said, dropping down in front of us. 

"Other way." I told Gwen. 

"Yep." Gwen agreed. I bolted the other way, running away from the man and his comrades. Gwen threw the remaining bits of fruit at the man, hitting him in the chest. 

"Well this is fun sister-bonding time!" Gwen yelled, right beside me. 

"Tell me about it," I grouched. 

"Split!" Gwen ordered, diving into the crowd in front of us. We're supposed to stay together, Gwen. I couldn't question her now. Another man joined the chase. Bounty hunters. I wove through the crowd, light on my feet. Ducking under arms, dodging bags, and trying to find Gwen were my tasks right now. Oh, and avoiding death. 

"She's too small to see in the crowd," a man's voice said. 

"Then fly over it!" Aunt Bo told him. I heard the whoosh of jet packs and held back a curse. I snatched someone's sweatshirt off their waist and put it on, pulling the hood up. This'll provide some cover, but not enough. I have to get to some sort of safety.

"Talk, girl," some guy ordered. I looked up to see the leader of Death Watch holding a... a lightsaber to Gwen's throat. Gwen shook her head slightly. 

"Never," she rasped. Then, a familiar figure slammed into Pre Viszla. 

"Ahsoka!" I whispered happily. My aunt shoved Gwen into the crowd again. Gwen fell on top of me, pinning me to the ground under her body weight.

"Move it." Gwen said harshly, pushing me. 

"Gwennith." I hissed, punching her arm. 

"Elodie! Quickly, we have to move!" Gwen said, tone changing to one of concern. I took one last look at Ahsoka, fighting Viszla single—handedly. She's not going to win alone. I broke free from Gwen and ran to where they were fighting. I fell, skidding into Viszla's legs. He fell, losing the Darksaber. I got up quickly, kicking the saber farther away so he couldn't get it. 

"Thanks." Ahsoka said. I pulled my hood back a bit and smiled. 

"No, thank you." I relied before running back into the crowd. This is a pleasant twist in my story. I'm actually still alive, which is nice. Ahsoka coming to my aid is even better. My aunt letting Gwen and I go? Wow, that's incredible. Gwen grabbed my hand, pulling me away from the battle. I ran faster, heading for the Jedi Temple. If I can get there, I can hide near it. The bounty hunters and Death Watch dare not to attack there. A blaster bolt landed inches from my left foot. I looked back to see another bounty hunter. How many of these things are there?!!

"Hold still, girl," he muttered, taking aim again. 

"Nayc." I replied, diving to the side when he shot again. I rolled to my feet, laughing. I'm not dead! 

"Don't get cocky, Elodie." Gwen warned. 

Then something made the bounty hunter fall forwards off his perch. 

"Score one for team Elodie!" Vri yelled, waving her prosthetic leg in the air. 

"Vri!" I exclaimed. This is an even better plot twist! Vri leapt down, reattaching her leg. 

"Don't you ever do that again," she told me, hugging me tightly.

"I can't help getting into trouble. It's a secret child thing." 

"Not-so-secret child thing." 

"Yeah."

"I brought some friends with me." Vri said, letting go of me. A boy beamed and crushed me into a hug. 

"Hi, cousin! It's nice to finally meet you!" 

"Cousin?" I asked in confusion. 

 "Korkie Kryze, nephew of Satine Kryze," the boy said, letting go of me. He was still smiling. 

"Oh." 

"Also known as a Loth Cat in Sunglasses."

"That was you?!!" I exclaimed. 

"It was me!"

"How... why... how did you find me? Why did you find me?"

"We've been working on this since Padmé Amidala sent out the Missing Person," the brunette said, a computer in her hands. Then another girl stepped out from behind Korkie, Vri, and the other three. 

"Guess who's not dead?" Lucy Kee said proudly. 

"Lucy!" Gwen exclaimed, nearly tackling her. 

"That's me!" Lucy said with a laugh. 

"You all... you all came out to find me?" I asked, looking at all of them. 

"Believe me, it wasn't easy," the blonde girl said. 

"It wasn't. It involved lots of hoods and secrets." Lucy said. 

"You know it's dangerous to be here. Especially you." I said, pointing to Korkie. 

"Trust me, we know," the brunette told me. The other boy nodded. 

"Elodie, we have to keep moving. They'll be onto us in seconds if we stay." Gwen said. I looked at the newest additions to my family. 

"Ready, team?" Lucy said, linking her arm through mine. 

"We have to move quickly," the other boy said, gesturing to the Death Watch members flying overhead away from us. 

"Elodie, how would you like to stay in your mother's apartment?" Korkie said, leading the way. The others and I followed, Gwen bringing up the rear. She handed me my frying pan. I took it gratefully. 

"It's very ornate." Lucy said. 

"And it had food," the other boy told me. 

"Sounds fantastic," I said. I can't wait to take a nap.