Elodie: You Have A Message

Bam. 

Kapow.

My world has just been thrown into upheaval. 

"Elodie, this is Gwen. I have to work tonight. Get some sleep and stay with Aileen. Bye." 

I played the message over and over again, slouched in a chair. I have no idea what to do with myself. I can't go visit my friends. I can't go find Aileen. I can't go find Gwen. I'm stuck. 

Stuck in a place I don't want to be. 

Actually, this is better than nothing. 

Better than jail. 

I snorted. Elodie Kryze in jail? That wasn't going to happen. 

"You have: a message. You have: a message.

I groaned, sitting up. This thing is annoying. Every time someone sends it a message or recording or whatever, it does the thing. The "you have: a message" thing. 

"Alright, alright. I get it. I have: a message." I grouched. I clicked the ignore message button and went back to slouching in the chair. I stared at the door, waiting for Aileen to get home. 

"You have: a message. You have: a message. You have: a message."

I just turned this thing off! 

"Shut up, thing!" I grumbled, slamming the ignore button again. Turns out, I need to look when I slam buttons. 

"Hi Elodie! It's Vri! Why the kriff are you ignoring my messages! Please call me back when you get this because I'm bored and you are too!" 

My lips twitched. I rolled my eyes and clicked the record message button.

"Hi Vri! It's Elodie! I'm not kriffing ignoring your messages anymore! Meet at the diner tomorrow because I'm bored and you are too!" 

I waved at the camera and then hung up. I pushed the send button and slouched in my chair again. I dragged the computer over to me and pulled it into my lap. I checked my mail. Spam. I checked my messages. Vri. I checked my calls. Nothing. I logged onto my poetry site account. Ooh, more likes. Awesome. Wow. And... hey, look. A message. From that Royal Nebula dude. This should be interesting. 

From: Royal Nebula

Subject: Hi

I couldn't think up a subject. A greeting would work since I'm just writing to say hi.

So, hi.

I've read your poems and they're incredible. I especially like the one about the stars. It really... makes me feel like I'm not alone. Anyway, hope all is well with you.

Thanks,

A Fellow Loth Cat in Sunglasses 

I cracked up. That was a good one. I hit the reply option. 

Re: Subject: Hi

Hello there. 

Thanks for the praise, but I don't need it. And the stars one... 

Which star one do you mean? I have lots of star ones. You could say that I'm a... space case :) 

Also, I like your Loth Cat in sunglasses reference. Very high class. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here. Just... message/email me. But in the form of a poem since this is a poetry site after all. I'm difficult like that.